Due to taking my quad for a swim, I replaced my beloved APM with a Pixhawk.
I'm finding alt hold terrible, constantly drifting up and down. Also quad doesnt know when its landed (altitude wise)
A list of questions, before I downgrade back to APM(which worked solid, and has done for over 12 months.)
- The pixhawk didn't have foam on the barometer, so i installed it. made no difference. Shoud the pixhawk have foam on it?
- Does the pixhawk use GPS aswell as barometer to get accurate altitude. I was flying with poor GPS at the time. Also altitude hold wasnt working well indoors., with no GPS. But APM always worked solid indoors. So if i waited longer, would it of flown better ( when i was outside)
- Vibrations look ok.
- CTUN: Alt, Rel alt look odd? With barometer changing.
- Barometer reading is slowly ramping up when copter is not flying, is this normal? thermal related?
- Could this be just a mid point setting?
I've enclosed my logs. the Pixhawk is mounted on foam pads on a standard vibration mount with blue rubber shocks.
My previous APM was tuned perfectly, and in ALT hold would be like it was glued in the sky. Vibrations similar, slightly better.
I would really appreciate any help.