3DR 433 Mhz Radios not working

Hi,

I have almost the same problem as droter and kbcopter in this forum. My observations:

One of the 3DR radios (433 mhz vers.) seems to be ok but I am not sure. It flashes the green LED, but the red LED is NOT flashing upon power up. It seems to respond to the 3DR radio config tool - i.e. it is able to load settings, save settings, and upload firmware. The green LED is blinking and the red LED is reacting to the config tool when an AT command is sent to it. However, it cannot seem to connect to APM Planner 1.1.88 and has an error message of "No Heartbeat packets received". When I try the config in APM Planner  I am able to load settings, but I cannot upload firmware giving an error message unlike using the 3DR Radio config software. This radio's noise level is almost the same level as the RSSI level. It fluctuates but on  the average its the same on the 3DR config tool.  Another issue, it does not save new settings (e.g. tried tx = 20), and loads previous settings.

The other 3DR radio  is solid green LED and flashing red LED (1 sec. interval) on power up. 3DR config tool cannot connect at load settings and save setings giving an error message of "Failed to enter command mode". With the upload firmware button it gives an error of " Failed to identify Radio". However, if I short the CTS and GND pins before power up as mentiond on the 3DR page, this radio goes solid red (correctly entering bootloader mode) and I am able to upload firmware. The red LED also seems to be reacting properly to the upload.  Unfortunately, after flashing it goes back to solid green LED.

It seems that the radios I got are bad too.

Help!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• USING HYPERTERMINAL

THE RADIO LINK IS ESTABLISHED  I GET THIS

€€›`€€€` €f0À€Ãøþ€“`€€xf€þ€³`àx ø€€3`€Ìàþ€€³`€€˜ð€€3`€þøÏ
    3`€€fŒàø3`€€ž`Ì€3`€€€3`€øø€™`€xðž€fÀ€à†æàf0À€žæ枀›`
    €€ƒ€€“`€€þ0 À`Ì`††øæžf0À€`ðø†˜†€fÀ€ø†™˜†€€3`€€ófóÀÌ€æ†æ†æ†æ
    †æ†æ†æ†æ†æ†æ†æ†æ†æ†æ†æ†æ†æ†æ†æ†æ†æ†æ†æ†æ†æ†æ†æ†æ†æ†æ†æ†æ†æ†æ†æ†æ†æ†æ<fx3ø€€“`
    ˜ææ€3`€ø`†ø3`€€` à˜3`˜øþø˜àþ3`€~æð€€fÀ€æ˜þþ

IF I DISCONNECT THE REMOTE RADIO IT STOPS  SO THE LINK IS OK   APM DOES NOT RECOGNISE THE RADIO TYPE ????

HYPERTEMINAL   PROVES THE LINK IS ESTABLISHED   AM I WRONG ?????

• Hi Serg, i am experiencing the similar problems with my new system. The ground stations radio always blinks its green led, while the hexcopter(remote) radio is solid green with a few red flashes every second or so. Ive noticed that the remote knows when i plug in the ground stations radio, because its green led changes from flash to solid when i connect.

I can upload firmware to my ground stations radio but thats about it. The ground stations radio never sees the remote.

Besides defective radios, is there anything else to change ?

Lastly, Im thinking of switching radios, removing the remote from the hex and connecting to my computer and vice versa so i can upload firmware and adjust settings to the radio that was the remote but is now the ground stations.

• Defective radio was replaced. New one did not bond with other radio. Checked frequency parameters and matched them on both radios using list boxes: MIN FREQ set at 433000 and MAX FREQ at 434700. Saved params to radios.

Radios WORK now!

Not sure though what should be correct frequency range. Will get that sorted soon.

• Haven't been able to get the 433mhz radio's to work. 

Is there another place to buy radio's?  I would hate to by the 915mhz version and get stuck with two more radios that won't connect.

Matt

• I had the same problem as shown above with one of two units in the 3DR config tool. ct failed twice to enter comand mode of the radio. After connecting aother unit to the config tool (ct) which worked properly from the begining (firmware upload, setting (write) and loading (read) the settings, no problems) i reconnected the other one. After two further trials ct finally succeded to enter the command mode. Since then both of them are working perfect with the ct.

But none of the two is able to be connected with the MissionPlanner 1.1.92.

• 3D Robotics

Where did you get these radios? 3DR is not yet selling 433s with the USB connection because they need to be revised. If you bought one of those from another source, they are pirated clones and will not work. 

• Serg,

I seem to having the same problem. When I power the "Air" and "Ground" radios both have a solid green LED, but the Air radio has a blinking red LED and the Ground has a dim red LED.

In the Mission Planner I can see the settings on both the Air and Ground and I can update the firmware on both (when I plug them into my computer. Can't do it wireless), but I cannot get the Mission Planner to connect.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

-Jake

This reply was deleted.

Activity