3DR Iris w/ tarot 2axis: no tilt control.

Channel 6 (tilt) is properly transmitting through telemetry to mission planner but I have no gimbal tilt control and tarot ZYX-BMGC V1.4 software shows no response in the "RC monitor" for tilt. Gimbal software and motor configs went otherwise very smoothly. Even the default initial tilt angle setting is responsive in configuration but it refuses to respond to channel 6 from the transmitter.Has anyone experienced similar problems?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• are you sure you had the pins wired correctly?

ACode said:

I am experiencing the same problems but have been unable to resolve them.  I have V1.5 firmware, have properly calibrated my sensors, have calibrated my remote using mission planner, am in Stick position mode.  I've used the standard Tarot GoPro configs... Nothing works.  This makes me wonder if there is something bad between the Pixhawk and the Gimbal.

The only thing that changes the angle of my camera when the system is turned on is when I change the initial tilt angle in the firmware.  But then I still have no RC control.  The RC monitor in the firmware doesn't show any changes to the RC values when I turn the CH6 knob. The setting for tilt stays at -104, which is right about the angle it looks like it stops at.

Any help would be appreciated.  Getting this thing set-up has been a nightmare.

• I am experiencing the same problems but have been unable to resolve them.  I have V1.5 firmware, have properly calibrated my sensors, have calibrated my remote using mission planner, am in Stick position mode.  I've used the standard Tarot GoPro configs... Nothing works.  This makes me wonder if there is something bad between the Pixhawk and the Gimbal.

The only thing that changes the angle of my camera when the system is turned on is when I change the initial tilt angle in the firmware.  But then I still have no RC control.  The RC monitor in the firmware doesn't show any changes to the RC values when I turn the CH6 knob. The setting for tilt stays at -104, which is right about the angle it looks like it stops at.

Any help would be appreciated.  Getting this thing set-up has been a nightmare.

• Have you tried updating to version 1.5?

I had an issue where it would tilt down and stay that way.

Resolved it by writing to flash after ensuring MODE2 is selected. For some reason it would work while the USB dongle was connected but lose said configuration after disconnecting power.

Took me a while of tinkering to figure out that "feature" cuz im sure its not a glitch! lol.

Hope that was helpful in any way.

This reply was deleted.

Activity