3DR Radio Range on UK Settings...

Hi Forum, Just a quick question regarding range on the 433 3dr radios. I am getting big drop outs when the plane is more than 100m away. The Telemetry logs show almost a square flight plan, with Data being received at a minimal rate when the plane is a distance away... 

I have graphed the two flights from yesterday, Is this about the best I am going to get on UK Settings?

Graph, 3DR settings & .tlog attached.......

Any help greatly appreciated!

3691033075?profile=original

3691033128?profile=original

2013-06-18 19-54-59.tlog

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Richard,

What antennas do you use?

I use two whip antennas (piece of wire) and get a much better range. At several hundreds of meters still RSSI above 100.

Looks to me an antenna issue. Have you red the start threads about the antenna problems?

• Hello I really need you I want a Yagi antenna 12dbi minimum for my 3dr 433 Mhz thank you for your help =)

• Developer

Try turning off opportunistic resend (Op resend) on the air module. Also try turning off ECC as it will cut your air bandwidth by half.

Best of luck :D

• Richard,

From the screenshot I see that the TX Power is set to 11, you can increase this to 20 which is equal to 100mW being full power.
    Next to that check your antennas as mentioned by GvS.
    I had the same issue however for the record mine were RCtimer modules/antennas and NOT 3DR ones!!!In case you have a bad antenna best to replace by a wip of 17,3cm which brings you at 1/4 wavelength.

I got 2100m recently with 433MHz, although there were a few spots where it appeared that the signal was blocked by the motor (flying directly away from home) but on the return leg it was fine.

Raise the antenna if possible and separate the radio and antenna from any other electronics/metal.

• Both vertical..... Could I try one horizontal and one vertical? In the graph the noise is on there, not sure if its a lot of noise, haven't really got a benchmark for a fair amount f noise... Is there anything I can try to improve the range?

I'm getting much further than that, it could be to do with noise and antenna location. You have them both horizontal or both vertical I assume?

• Has anyone used the 433mhz 3DRs? Range less than 50m...
This reply was deleted.

Activity