Hi,

I have received the following email from 3DRobotics last night, my Iris quadocopter was already in France, at Fedex office for a delivery at home on monday. 3DRobotics say they cancel my order and will refund me, rhis mean they will ask Fedex to send back to product to the US, why such a decision for all customers ? Why cancelling a shipement when the parcel is nearly at your home ?

Here is the email I have received from 3DR

************************************************************************************************

Thanks for your order with 3DR. We're writing to let you know that, due to a temporary change in our shipping policies, we're unable to ship orders outside of the US and Canada. We'll be cancelling and refunding your order immediately. We're very sorry for the inconvenience, and we'll let you know when we can resume shipments to your country.

If you have any questions or would like to make modifications to your order, write to us at help@3drobotics.com or call our support line at +1 (858) 225-1414, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm PST.

Sincerely,

The 3DR Team

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• MR60

no i bought it from 3DR directly : less expensive than the cost here, even counting shipping and VAT...

(which local dealer are you referring to ?)

• BTW, nice to know I'm not the only PixHawk flyer in Belgium! If we both go to jail we'll have something to talk about. ;-)

• I bought mine from here: http://mikrokopter.altigator.com/ . Good service and fast delivery if in stock.

I had troubles importing stuff from the US in the past, BIPT to be more specific, so I prefer to buy local.

Drones, UAV, OnyxStar, MikroKopter, ArduCopter, RPAS : AltiGator, drones, radio controlled aircraft…
          Drones, UAV, OnyxStar, MikroKopter: UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles for aerial video and aerial photography. Ready to fly mikrokopter. Mikrokopter kit…
          • MR60

you shouldn't have problems to import any hardware in Belgium as the law concerns only the use of frequencies, not the purchase and detention of such hardware. So anyone in Belgium is free to buy a radio device which in fact he cannot use because of frequencies and/or power rules.

Often there is abuse at customs for example where they would seize such Equipment. But they cannot do that this is illegal. Take a good lawyer to defind yourself if this happens again.

Personally I also had customs once blocking a radio Equipment import from China. It was blocked because they waited a so-called technical expert to try to understand what it was... Guess what, it was a simple 2.4Ghz radio control for my son's labybird. It tells you the levels of these guys at IBPT and customs...just bureaucrats.

• Our beautiful liberal open almost tax-free Germany awaits you

:)

liebe Grüße aus Deutschland, Klaus

www.luftbild-shs.de

• Shame that electricity prices there are so high :-(
        On a different topic, how is the Energiewende going?

@Hugues Better off moving somewhere like here http://www.newquaycornwallairport.com/aerohub an area of sky bigger than Belgium to use and tax breaks on the hangers in a country where RPAS rules are already sorted.

• I hope he takes you up on this! Europe seems to have much saner laws than the US in lots of areas.

This reply was deleted.

Activity