Lipoly batteries (problem)

recently my chargers that i charge lipolys off of, are telling me that the battery volts are low. ive been using a brushless esc with a lipoly low voltage cutoff (electrifly 25 Amp)and thunder power lipolys. ive been using all the proper equipment (including ESC's) yet the chargers refuse to charge my brand new batteries. im very aware that lipoly batteries will not charge if they are completely depleated of their energy. i hope this didnt happen and it shouldnt have if ive been using proper motor control equipment.hope this clarifies this anomaly.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I also have the same problem with this type of battery.
    Infact some of my batteries expanded and nearly popped.
    I am told that the voltage must never drop below 2v of the actual voltage when at rest ,eg if indicating 12.5v at full charge when you use it, when you stop it must indicate no less than 10.5v.
    The idea is to put a zener diode on the battery with a led and once the voltage drops to the level the led stops indication.
    This does happen when its on full load.
    My expereince is to use cellphone batteries (more weight but better operational life)
    http://load.My/
  • I would suggest asking this question over at rcgroups. They have an active forum devoted entirely to batteries and chargers, and you will find that they have much greater expertise in this area than we do.

http://www.rcgroups.com/batteries-and-chargers-129/
    Batteries and Chargers - RC Groups
    Discussions of Battery packs and Chargers and topics relating to Ni-Cad's, NiMH, Li-Ion and Li-Po battery types which power RC models.
  • wait, it possibly could be that i half charged the battery because i was afraid of burning up the electronics for it is a big battery. instead of charging for an hour i charged for 30 min. could this be the issue?
  • 3D Robotics
    That's odd. Maybe something's gone wrong with the ESC and it's not autodetecting the voltage right, and thus setting the autocutoff too low? If you're sure that your charger settings are at the right voltage and you're seeing the prob in more than one battery, all I can think is that it's an ESC problem (and, sadly, you might now have some dead batteries)
This reply was deleted.

Activity