Replies

• WOW! What a coincidence - i ran accross the hydrogen fuel cell technology for RC platforms on the net last night when I was doing research on solar cells for continuous flying on sunny days. It really is neat and I think an important step for us. Im only a green behind the ears newbie but it just seems awesome.

I totally agree! I think there needs to be more quality USA RC Airplane factories. I want to buy quality planes and parts from the United States. That doesn't mean I think other countries don't have great stuff, but I like to buy things made in the USA. The RC Airplane hobby is exploding and WE should strive to provide the best products at an affordable price to the world. The hobby is not as expensive as it used to be and most people dont know that. With a big PR campaign we could draw huge numbers of new flyers to our beloved hobby. That could only be good for the model airplane hobby, and for the usa economy.
  • Sulfuric acid does have a higher percent oxygen per mole then water. But the problem is not the oxygen in this application, its is a cheaper lighter easier means of storing hydrogen or getting your energy per mass and volume down. Sulfuric acid is not the best choice this for a couple reason from density to being hazardous, there are better fuel cells for example methanol.
  • this may give you and idea also where you read where it says sulfuric acid ..its a low percentage to higher volume of water

hydro.bmp

• if your build has fuel type enginesyou could always fabricate your own cells to drive your plane ..like making hollow cavitys of your wings if present into gas storage compartment to feed engine and use old fuel tank as your electrolizer with the open cavitys of wing space the presance of hydrogen in the wings could also help with weight compensation. iknow this is an old post but i had an idea that you may like to use>>
This reply was deleted.

Activity