A little help tuning loiter please...

Conditions:

I have a hexacopter with APM2, pulso motors and a dji frame.  Pretty strong setup as I am running 4s.  Stabilize and alt hold are perfect!  Spent a couple days tuning them to perfection.  This is my third Ardupilot and the others dont even compare. Have telemetry to change on the fly. I land enter a new setting, take back off in stabilize, get some altitude then switch to loiter.  I am using the new style PID screen in the mission planner also. 

Problem: 

The problem I am having is I have been all over the place with the pids with no big change in performance.  Spent the last two days flying pack after pack tuning. Probably tried 30-40 different combinations.   Very slight 1-2 mph winds today and copter wants to drift with the wind and dosnt even make an attempt to lean into the wind to hold.  Yesterday was windless.  The flight modes are set up correctly. I checked that twice.  I have been everywhere tuning in Loiter from:

Angular Rate Control

Highs           Lows

P: 5.000     to     P: 1.000

I: 0    to      I: 0

D: .050   to     D: 0.000

IMAX 50   to     IMAX 20

Loiter Speed

P: 1.200     to   P: 0.100

I have been all over the place and everywhere in between and nothing seems to make this thing stay in one spot.  Pretty sure you dont have to reset the board after changing a loiter seting right? 

Solution: ? Studied the wiki time and time again and I am stumped.  If anybody has any advice it would be appreciated.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Try enabling the RETRO_LOITER  function it works better for me.

• Using 2.5.5 firmware also.

This reply was deleted.

Activity