About Ground Control Station User Experience

Hi Guys,

Could you give me some impressions about the GCS you use? If you can answer these questions for me, it will be very helpful:

- What is your drones’ usage?

- Which GCS do you use and why?

- What are the main features you use?

- What are the best and the worst experience using the Ground Control you had?

Thank you

What is your drones’ usage?

Which GCS do you use and why?

What are the main features you use?

What are the best and the worst experience using the Ground Control you had?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well I know after reading a bit of what you have been talking with all the people on this forum that you may don't really like my answer, but your ground station have to be specifically tailored to the type of equipment you are using.. My GCS is a bit simple and complex at the same time! after have been doing this for such a long time, for me, only take me a bout 3 or 4 min to be ready to use! I use an AAT automatic antenna tracker! but that is more in the area or reliability.. and strong video signal, 

I saw in a few answers that you where talking about using android applications.. and yeah you can of/course build a controlled high power CC "MacroNetwork" that allow you to use only once single WiFi signal to deal with everything at once!! but you limit your self to a seriously short range.. So if you specify the type of aircraft that you plan to use, the frequency that you have available, (Individual Frequency for radio, camera, Video TX & RX) perhaps the people here can help you to make a much more educated decision on your endeavor! 

• please advice me about this workflow

http://www.sigitriyanto.com/blog/2016/11/05/workflow-uav-aerial-map...

• this is my workflow to do aerial mapping using UAV, please advice for better result.

https://sigitriyanto.wordpress.com/2016/10/23/workflow-uav-mapping/

• I would also like to share a couple of videos of our platform software, Visionair. Really easy to use and with many functionalities.

SNIPER simulated mission: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wKk6bVv8-k

How to prepare a flight plan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=653Umf3Knrc

• At Alpha Unmanned Systems we develop our own GCS from the G-case, G-track to the Power Board to control the generator as a back-up battery system or the Power & Communications Module for digital data link, engine monitoring, power management and distribution and enegine telemetry.

Any doubts or comments visit our web www.alphaunmannedsystems.com or social networks.

You can also email us to info@alphaunmanedsystems.com and we will be glad to respond your doubts.

Sniper y mesa de mandos-1MB.jpg

mesa de control y dron.jpg

GTrack inside.jpg

• I use UgCS and it is in my opinion the best free software. You will always find a drone not supported by a your GCS but that is the best one I have found in my research.

• UgCs seems like have a really good UI interface and functionality, I will check it out

• I fly quads, but now it is more planes. Hobbyist.

Used Tower on 7" Android, but since my tablet did not have Serial drivers, I could not connect 3DR radio. So solution was to use 2x Air radio, the ground radio connected to either HC-05 Bluetooth, or ESP-01 Wifi Module for connectivity from tablet to 3DR radio (Chinese clones). The ESP-01 had the advantage that I could use MAV Pilot on iPhone as well.

Main purpose was TLOG recording. And hopefully being able to locate a downed plane if this was to happen.

Just got a small Windows 10 tablet, 1GB RAM for free with another purchase. Installed mission planner on it, and it might become my new ground station of choice. Windows without mouse is still not the best. Will try the other options like QGroundControl which seems to give more screen space to mission planning.

Next plan is to use my OrangeRx 433MHz radios, ULRS, to have full 433MHz control and mavlink (19200bps down). Immersive FPV is not there yet, and that would not be a ground control task. Been flying with a monitor and telemetry (minimOSD) and this works fine.

I see more users doing click-flying, and thermal hunting. This is something I will try out. Still new in this, so lots to learn.

• GCS is one of the hard impressions,I haven't worked out through this

• im sorry that i write again ;-) but i see that everyone put pictures and i dont made it :D my appologise for thread owner ;-)

So: we make now NEW GSC software WOD GSC. WOD is project what will present later , but even with out WOD this software will realy usefull . now we are in stage when we will happy for EVERY IDEAS and INVENTIONS ;-)

so its great time to every one , say hims wishs in this level of develope. So please, EVERYONE who miss some features in other GSC softwares, just let us know in our thread ;-) we will check if is possible ipmplant it in frame of our target.

3702170162?profile=original

our GSC is concentrate to FPV but will also FULL WORKING without fpv equipment, and in the plan ( thanks to one local user ) is also synthetic vision . so even drones with out FPV equipment will able FPV flying ;-) so please EVERYONE who think that got some idea, COME ON, every idea is welcome ;-) 

http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/wod-mavlink-ground-station?commen...

PS: sorry for 78% in empty line :D i just make screen shot in testing loop ;-)

This reply was deleted.

Activity