AC3.2.1 APM 2.5 Throttle pulsates in Loiter

Hi.

I have a problem after updating AC to 3.2.1 from 3.1.5.

When in Loiter, the the speed of the motors rev up and down/pulsate quite rapidly. This was working fine when I was using previous versions of arducopter.

I have downloaded the logs, and have looked into accX, accY and accZ. These seems to be inside the range specified in the wiki at arducopter. (Log_vibrations.bin)

Please have a look at the Log.bin, and note the difference between ThrIn and ThrOut when I'm in Loiter mode.

Anyone having any idea what the problem may be?

Log.bin

Log_Vibration.bin

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I agree it's too early to call it a bug but it is an issue at least some have.
      Problem for me with getting logs except the weather is that the pulsing is so bad it's hard not to crash (I'm still waiting for spare parts from my last flight) beeing sort of a noob pilot. I deleted my logs from my last crash by mistake while trying to figure out what was wrong and configuring everything again. If it's fine again with 3.1.5 I may give it a try when getting a bit more confident and prepared for it to go wrong.
      It would for sure be nice to hear some success stories as well :)
      Mine is an APM by the way.
  • I have noticed that my quad tends to lose altitude when moving forward fast in AltHolt and Loiter. I always put this down to some aerodynamic effect, but should this actually be happening? Loiter/AltHolt in hover seems ok. Never tried 3.1.5 - started on 3.2.

• From reading about the issue it seems to be related to 3.2.1 beeing a lot more sensitive to vibration. Not sure if that is a conclusion everyone woul agree with and I'm not sure if that is a bug either. Hopefully some developer is looking at it because the new flight modes are quite neat. It is not possible to be 100% vibration free.
    • i definitely agree with that...cause I have 3.2.1 on another copter that doesnt have as much vibration and it works fine...so its that 3.2.1 is more sensitive to vibration than 3.1.5 for sure....

• For the record I have the same issue in both Alt hold and Loiter. Haven't tried with 3.1.5 yet.
    • It's help alot. Is someone  reported it on buglist?

• Guys i have similar problem. Can you tell me it is the same issue ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60J3v9E889U

• Yep, it is. It drifts either up or down and have unsteady motor spin. 

Rollback to earlier version or try to isolate vibrations (official manual).

• How can i downgrade to 3.1.5 ?

This reply was deleted.

Activity