AC3.2.1 APM 2.5 Throttle pulsates in Loiter

Hi.

I have a problem after updating AC to 3.2.1 from 3.1.5.

When in Loiter, the the speed of the motors rev up and down/pulsate quite rapidly. This was working fine when I was using previous versions of arducopter.

I have downloaded the logs, and have looked into accX, accY and accZ. These seems to be inside the range specified in the wiki at arducopter. (Log_vibrations.bin)

Please have a look at the Log.bin, and note the difference between ThrIn and ThrOut when I'm in Loiter mode.

Anyone having any idea what the problem may be?

Log.bin

Log_Vibration.bin

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3702879008?profile=original

• That great too Jim, you have to work to have similar results in your other cuad ;)

• Impressive. I have similar results on my RCTimer Trooper X8 and a FixHawk controller which is also just attached via 3M 4011 Double Sided Tape.

• I was having similar problems with throttle pulse in alt hold and lotier on my custom build Y6.

Decreasing Throttle Accel P and I values helped, but what seemed to make the most difference was decreasing throttle rate from 6 to 3.

• Hello,

I'm having the same problem on a 250 size quad + APM running 3.2.1. Motors pulse when in alt hold - logs attached.

2015-04-10 14-37-17.log

2015-04-10 14-32-37.log

2015-04-10 14-26-50.log

• Raph: for me you are having harware problems, how you attached and dampening the controller? can you share a photo of your cuad and controller??

• Hi Cala,

The APM is mounted with 4 small, square pieces of Kyosho gel. image attached. What are you seeing that indicates a hardware problem?

Also attached another. I was able to push the quad a bit more on this field, and if I pickup speed going forward it starts to oscillate and the quad shoots right up into the sky. crazy. these are with autotune PID values, slightly lowered

Can someone confirm if the new version is more sensitive to vibrations? I've been flying this 250 for 8 months without issue - problems started with 3.2.1 update..

IMG_3633.JPG

2015-04-10 17-41-57.log

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702692815?profile=original
        • The second image is from the first log, on the last one accy value wasn't registered to check

• Hi Cala,

Thanks for your input & help. I thought maybe it could be a vibration issue, so in order to test that idea out I replaced motors with brand new ones and re-balanced props. The logs I posted are with the new motors.

My issue here is that my vibration levels are the same as they were when I first built this ship; it used to fly FLAWLESSLY before the firmware update. It's very hard to understand why a version change could have this effect.. and if something did change in the code, it would be nice to know what that may be. These 250 quads running 2300kv motors are going to have higher vibes than the normal 450 size and up.. it's just the nature of them to have high frequency vibrations. 

• Some people here have good results returning to 3.1.5; I had a false positive  issue with land on that vers but I flyed a lot this summer with it, Randy wrote in his post that next vers is going to be less sensitive to vibs but only for Pixhawk but if they find an issue in this vers they can fix it ( http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/arducopter-3-2-1-beta-testing?xg_... )

I copy here:

Reply by Randy on Wednesday

Marko,

I think Rob Lefebvre can help look into the specific issues some users are having with AC3.2.1 on the thread opened for that issue.  We went through months and months of testing including many APM2 users but if it turns out to be a firmware issue that can be fixed we can release a 3.2.2.

I think it's usefull for developers if you try the two vers and post the two logs flying in similar conditions and solve the problem only changing vers.

When I had the issue, during calm days no problem and less vibs but in windy days it was near unflyable and vibs goes up. Now I have that cuad in changing process, waiting props and ext compass but I can reduce vibrations in windy cond and reduce pulsations a lot but don't mantain altitude as well as the other, perhaps very big props for that setup. I'm going to try with canopy as Hubertus suggest after changing props

This reply was deleted.

Activity