AC3.3 TradHeli Release Discussion

WARNING to TradHeli users:

Do not attempt to fly AC3.3 until you hear otherwise from me.  I have not even bench tested it yet, let alone test flown it.  There are quite a lot of changes that have gone in that could be crash-o-matic for helicopters.

AC3.3 release for Tradheli is likely to be delayed.

This post will serve as the official release progress thread for TradHeli.

Warning: DO NOT FLY RC6!  It has a critical bug that will likely end in a crash.

Warning for RC5:

RATE_YAW_FILT_HZ param will change defaults from 5Hz to 20Hz to be more suitable for helicopters.  If you have never changed this parameter from 5 before, then it will automatically update the value to 20 without warning.  This much faster filter will probably require reduction in your P and D terms, and the yaw may oscillate badly.  Be prepared to retune these.  As a safety measure, probably cut them in half for your first take-off.

Warning #2 for RC5:

I accidentally broke the Landing Detector.  It will probably never trigger.  You should land in Stabilize mode, or be prepared to shut down the motor as soon as it touches the ground in Alt_Hold, Loiter, Auto, etc.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Oh? Really?

My test results are automatically after landing within a few seconds of time, have not been disarmed, accelerometer still adjusting posture, leading leftist fuselage and main rotor sweep to the ground.

• Hello again, i want to ask if the wire connection is the same as apm ,because i can't calibrate the esc and also i can't arm the fc.

Thank you.

• I haven't used an APM in 2 years...

How are you attempting to calibrate the ESC?

• I have a pixhawk and i follow the videos.

Thank you.

• Thanks for the reply with the info.

alfred200@xtra.co.nz

• Warning: DO NOT FLY RC6!  It has a critical bug that will likely end in a crash.

• Just tested AC3.3rc7 Heli FW, Circle flight mode can be controlled Althold finally changed, which is great.
      Loiter manual control mode after landing, the Helicopter still has a leftist trend! Promptly pulled low rocker switch back from stable mode, only to stabilize the Helicopter!
      No guts to try automatic landing, but in previous AC3.2.1 firmware tested many times, automatic landing is very easy to use once

• Hi, can you share your param. file.

Thank you.

• Not necessarily suitable for your helicopter use, please pay attention to safety

ALIGN T-rex500Pro PX4v2 Heli Parameter.rar

• Access Denied??

Access Denied
            You don't have permission to access "https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702790830?profile=original" on this server.

Reference #18.967a7a5c.1435602906.233dc4c

This reply was deleted.

Activity