Adding a Go Pro hero 3 to a Pixhawk

Hey everyone, working on my first scratch build quad-copter. So far I have been doing great just doing my own research, but I have come to a problem I cant figure out. I'm using a go pro hero 3 and tarot 2d gimbal with a Pixhawk and 3d telemetry kit. I understand how to control the gimbal with the Pixhawk but I don't know how to get the video to mission planner. Is there a way to do it thru the Pixhawk or does it need a separate telemetry unit?  on the ground station do I need two different receivers..  Thanks in advance..db

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for the comments.

Will mission planner take the video for a overlay like this with two different receives?

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/new-mission-planner-gcs

• Yes, but your video will have to fed into your computer via an interface of some description.

There are many on the market and quite cheap.

Composite video to USB is just a cable that will connect your video Rx output (usually composite video) to a USB socket on your PC. Driver software is usually included.

• Buy a small fpv screen and feed the video rx to that. You can always split and send the video to both if you really want. This leaves you computer screen free for other stuff without losing visual fpv view.

Quick tip, you can feed the knob channel straight to the gimbal without going thru the APM.

• You will need a video Tx on the quad and a an Rx on the ground.

So, yes, you need 2 Tx's and 2 Rx's

1 for data, another for video

This reply was deleted.

Activity