ADVICE on Roof surveying

Dear fellow Drone enthusiasts,

I have recently started my own roofing company and I'm looking to purchase an RC Camera Drone to carry out roofing surveys and assessments.  I want really high quality images but I don't want to spend the earth!

Can anyone advise me on what they think would be the best package to purchase?

I would need to access buildings of up to 20m maybe control through a monitor where the drone would have to fly out of visual sight.  I would want a really robust (if possible) drone with a high (as possible) quality camera and a control with a screen to see where im flying.

My apologies if there has already been a thread posted on this topic but I did try a brief search to no avail. 

Thank you in advance!

P.S. I'm looking spend no more than 350GBP all in but if that's totally unrealistic then so be it..

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks man!

• "high quality images" ?  - DJI is also a easy way to unreliable hardware that may crash and do damage to other peoples property - using it for commercial operations would be embarrasing.

you could at least go for a iris+

• Many thanks.

George, you are in the UK and will need to comply with the law, your roof inspections are commercial use so you need a licence as well as your company.

Its not too bad, these guys are the best for hooking you up to become legal.

http://www.resourcegroup.co.uk/our-markets/unmanned-aviation/

• Be careful about accepting legal advice given on an Internet forum by someone who is not  even in the same country and who has presented no relevant credentials and who has a history of encouraging '"compliance" and "licencing" which may or may not be a good thing to do in the context in which you live, but about which he is merely speculating from his armchair. 

• UK law is pretty clear that you do need a licence for commercial use. Which part of what he said do you think is speculation?

• MR60

These guys claim they are accredited for Belgium when actually there is no drone use law yet and it is forbidden.... I it hate when companies are lying about their products or services.

• You need to define "really high quality images " I do nook know a camera in that price range that fulfills my definition of that :-)
    • Thanks for the reply. Probably something like 10MP plus?

• you could use a Canon S100 , a bit bigger sensor than most compacts in that weight-class, decent quality  - and anything like a standard IRIS and up should lift it and still fly fine.  (contrary to what RTF manufacturers say, there is no "up to" limit - the more payload, the less agile and wind-capable it will become.)

This reply was deleted.

Activity