AirDog vs Hexo+

Some of this could be attributed to the fact that Squadrone got the early mover advantage on Kickstarter (by about 3 hours), but even so, Airdog seems to me to be a robust product which looks very attractive and non-drone like (which, one would imagine would appeal most to a market that's presumably not familiar with drones).
Would appreciate insight into this.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey, thanks for mentioning AirDog!

There are four major AirDog advantages:

1. It is tested and working prototype ready for production.
    2. It will be the first commercial product of its kind in the market from November 2014.
    3. It has AirLeash - waterproof GPS device tracking your movement with a significantly better signal than smartphones. Additionally you can use it with gloves when you ride, as well as during surfing and kiteboarding.
    4. Two years of R&D invested into the creation of a working prototype to get the best possible solution for action sports.

It would be awesome if you could support AirDog on Kickstarter: http://bit.ly/KickstartAirDog. So far we’ve almost reached our 500 000 $ goal and have 28 days left to make it a six-digit number! 

Thanks so much!

Dita Team Airdog

AirDog: World's First Auto-follow Drone for GoPro Camera
    AirDog: Auto-follow Drone for GoPro Camera. Designed for sports enthusiasts, outdoor fans and indie moviemakers. Shipping in November.
  • It seems weird because you can do this with APM 2.6 with GPS and telemetry with an Android phone. Why pay so much money when I already have this capability built into my drone.

• No need for bracelet(AirLeash?)

• Listing out the differences:

1) Airdog uses a leash which people might find inconvenient

2) It's kickstarter RTF kit is double the price, although the retail prices differ by about $500 'only'

3) Hexo+ has a aerodynamic design which is optimized for high speeds....so maybe people funding the campaign realize that it will probably have better endurance??

4) Squadrone has a bunch of ambassadors which is probably adding to their brand value

It could be one or a combination of these factors, but I'm not sure which one is the most significant. 

• 3D Robotics

The Squadrone vehicle is half the price of the Airdog vehicle. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity