All done!!!

Ahhh finally done here she is all built up.... My bird Ver. 1.0 =))

All my parts.

This is how I distribute power I stack a couple of these guys. I grooved out the edge of my tray frames to run the wires around.

Completed frame.

And here she is all stuffed up.

Aint she purdy!

Electronics

All Fired up....

and ready to go!

Thank you all for your amazing help and the work you all do on this site...the amount of information that comes out of all your brains is amazing thank you thank you for sharing. Chris thanks for starting this all up here!

I'm sure I'll be posting sme questions on tuning over the next few days. I fired her up and she roars like a lion she wants to shoot out of my hand when I giver some juice its really amazing how much thrust these little guys put out. She seems to respond to my control inputs accordingly. But it does oscillate as I was expecting since its not the official frame. No worries I know some PID tuning and it will be all right.

So first question...this is copied from the PID tuning guide on the wiki...

Control Adjustment Guidelines

If you haven't adjusted your Acrobatic mode parameters, just use the default. The P_rate value in Stable mode should be a little lower than the P value in Acrobatic mode. For example, a P rate in Acrobatic mode could be 1.9 and the P_rate in Stable mode could be 1.2. If the P_rate is too high, you will see quick oscillations on the ArduCopter. If the values are too low, it will be unstable. The I term can be thought of like the trim on your radio; it is needed toaccount for differences in motors, ESCs, etc. Its value will be low,likely between 0.1 and 0.4. The P parameter is the mainauthority of the outer control. If its value is too low, the quad willbe lazy and slow to respond to stick movements. If it is too high,instability will develop and the ArduCopter will oscillate.

Why is it when I fire up the Configuerator the default settings for P is 4.0 in stable mode and 1.8 I think it was in Acro? What am I missing I thought in accro the P should be a higher number than in Stable.

Thanks again for this great comunity all.

-Alex

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ITS SO NEAT!! i love it, i thought mine looked cool!
  • Hi,
    I have been trying to troubleshoot a problem I've been having with the Arducopter Configurator v1.2.2. I have downloaded the National Instruments VISA Drivers (Version 5.02 because I'm using a Windows 7 OS). Also i have downloaded the latest version of the Arduino which is (0021).
    I have connected the Arducopter board to my computer and am trying to set it up by going to the "Initial Setup" option on the pull down menu on the right.

1) It says that I have to"Initialize EEPROM" to set in all the default values.
    2) then i have to "Calibrate Transmitter"

The problem i am having is, when i trying to set my Arducopter up with my computer, the "Initialize EEPROM" button on the Configurator is grayed out. I'm not able to click it.
    Also the "Calibrate Transmitter" is grayed out.

I have went back and selected the "Connect" option in the pull down menu in the right.
    I clicked on the button that says "Connect". Then it says that "Connection Attempt # 1,2,3,4,....30) then it fails to connect. However i get an error message.

LabVIEW: An input parameter is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @.

I have called the National Instruments technical support and they said because it is a program that was developed by a third-party and uses their software, they can't really help me much.

I have also posted my problem, on a forum about how to solve this error. I have tried to troubleshoot this error according to what others have done on the forum and also on the DIY blogs. Nothing worked.

I have been trying to located my "VI" files but for some reason I don't have them on my computer.

I'm wondering if anyone has a similar problem like me or have troubleshooted a problem like mine so I could try fixing this issue.

Thank You

I would post this on a different category except i can't post any tech issues as a different blog post. Sorry. :(
    Very very nice. When is the kit available? ;) ;)
  • Hi Alex,

Your quad looks very professionally done! Where did you get the body components?
  • acro mode is completely different than stable mode
    what's the weight of your frame with and without components?
This reply was deleted.

Activity