Alt-Hold climbing, but can't find the sweet "P" spot

Ok I looked at the tuning page, and I can't seem to find the sweet spot for the

THR_ALT_P value. My Hex keeps climbing no matter what I try. Please help.

I have a Hex DJI550 with the APM2.5(in case), FW2.9.1b, MP 1.2.51. UBlox telemetry. Moon gel under APM case. Stable mode is good. 3D GPS fix

Are there better values to start with other than what is the standard, or do I have a bigger problem?

tlog and raw attached.

I think I have been messing with this problem way too long.

Thank you for any help.

Tony

2013-05-20%2020-07-38.tlog

2013-05-20%2020-07-38.rlog

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Tony,

In the "Standard Params" near the bottom of the list, it's called "Telemetry startup delay (TELEM_DELAY).

Bruno

• Are you sure that you don't just have your throttle set outside of the dead band when you enter alt-hold? I had a quick look at your log and it seems that you hover at a throttle position over 60% If you switch to alt-hold while hovering then your copter will immediately start to rise unless you lower the throttle back into the dead band near centre (40-60%). The down side of doing this is that you will have to remember to raise the throttle when you exit alt-hold mode otherwise you will loose altitude unexpectedly.

From the troubleshooting guide:

My copter slowly rises or descends when I enable Alt-Hold or Loiter

The throttle deadband when in alt-hold or loiter mode is from 40% ~ 60% of the throttle. If you have an overpowered or underpowered copter then when in stabilize mode the throttle required to maintain a hover may be outside this range. So when you engage alt-hold or loiter your throttle is outside of the deadband and arducopter thinks you want to climb or descend. The simple solution is to move your throttle back to center as you engage alt-hold. A permanent solution is to modify the THR_MID parameter through the mission planner's Adv Parameter List screen. If your copter hover at 40% of throttle stick when in stabilize mode, make THR_MID = 400. If it hovers at 60% of throttle make the parameter 600, etc.

This reply was deleted.

Activity