Replies

• That is odd. I have this on 2 setups and have no issues like that. But I suppose not all radios, MinimOSDs and FCs are the same.
                • may be I did too many permutations in my setup. still, if I keep tx connected to minimOSD board - it establishes stats every time and I always have it on taranis.

I guess it mostly depends upon your routine, I do not take my laptop with me every time now. it is too cumbersome to haul around and I did not figure out a substitute yet.

• And to answer my question here is good presentation I found of with links to all the main branches: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2274401

• Rolf, how did you get the x8r to work with the apm using one cable over cppm. I tried this and it didnt work and was told that it doesnt work. But you look to of done it in the image above?

• Rolf's picture is just an illustartion not a 100% correct one at least at the date of his posting. Nowadays there is a ppm encoder for APM (which is unofficial and needs to be flashed manually with ISP) which enables APM to understand sbus w/o any additional firmware. Here is how it can be done: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Nqr4-cbyvI

• perfect. i will try that

• Hi all!

I used Teensy for about one year, and i love that!

Don't need to have 3dr TM to have important information, if you use APM you have to chose (tx) among 3DR TM or Teensy, start the 3DR tm link to have Teensy if teensy Tx is not plug.

With a Pixhawk: 3DR TM on Serial 1 and Teensy on serial2 and you have two TM flow in the same time!

For now i used the serial2 for storm32, the teensy move on the serial4 but,and  i have a strange behavior caused by the storm32, the Storm make appear a second quad on the MP TM, this quad is located out of the geofence (0°N,0°W) as the Teensy don't make a difference (mavlink ID,multi system management  or something like that)  my Taranis have continuous change between stab and RTL (between stab and unknown for Tower)... even if the Taranis show good value for bat, alt, dist, heading etc...

traditional 3DR TM link on serial 1 is ok.(but two UAV on worldwide map)

if someone have a idea?...

• I have the same issue withe the Storm32 bgc and the teensy telemetry on the Taranis using V2.0.17.

I always get the System messages from the storm on the Taranis!

I uses also these code to get rid of it but unfortunately it does not stops or filters the Message ID correctly.

Does some one could solve the Problem or has a good Idea to solve it?

• Why do you connect strom32 via serial to flight controller? is there any specific functionality that is needed this way?

I simply made a Y wire split from SBUS output on X8R into both pizhawk and storm32 and feed pitch signal this way into storm32 board, but not sure what info from strom32 we would ever need on the pixhawk side - why to connect it using serial port?

• HI Paul,

of course there is a lot of comfort not now but hopefully in the future.

But now the Pixhawk adjust the pitch in auto mode for a POI or takes the pictures for Grid.

I´ve also solved the problem with the mavlink from the storm32 bgc. The code above is correct but I made a mistake when i compiled the code. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity