Replies

• So it could be corrected with an update to the code the Teensy is running?

• I sincerely believe that it's a very simple correction to enable the reading of the altered SensorID's, but I'm still speaking with Kilrah on RCGroups to be sure.

So we'll have a 1.4 version probably....

• T3

So, was there a result to this? I want to upgrade to 2.0.8 but have held off because I hadn't hear a solution. If it's as simple as changing a couple of ID's in the code, I just need to know which ones to change.

Thanks!

• In the mean time you speaking with them, ask if there are any plans to teach taranis speak mavlink natively? 

• I already had. Not much interest....although OpenTX already speaks Mavlink to hacked HK 9x radios.

I believe this Teensy solution is perhaps the most versatile solution.

I'm no programmer but I believe I already understand how this Teensy code works and interacts with FrSky telemetry.

What I was working was a custom telemetry script running on the Taranis, but the constant changes  evolutions of the OpenTX Lua scripting language are hard to follow :) and now this......

btw: Any suggestions on Mavlink data that would be useful to "translate" to FrSky ?

I'm thinking on replacing AccXYZ with frame Roll/Pitch/Yaw angles and perhaps adding a Course to Home relative to the heading of the craft and the starting GPS Point.

• indeed this teensy version is VERY versatile, except it is limited to 2.4Ghz.

there are openlrsng radios capable of bidirectional mavlink at 4-5km without loosing packets. I wanted to utilize just one radio for control/telemetry it helps reducing the RF noise on the drone itself, and allows for more optimal antenna placements. 

p.s. most of my flight do not require a full GCS so some critical info on the radio itself is what I need, but now i have to carry/power a laptop on the field. 

also, simple GPS logging on the taranis itself would be another bonus. 

• In this project the Teensy is wired to connect to the X8R receiver, but I'm sure you could rewire its outputs to other radios, regardless of their operating frequency.

• The best way to diagnose that would be to find out if the Taranis, with 2.0.7 collects cell and cells data correctly with any other configuration (smart port sensor? some other flight controller?).  If so, which ones. 

There are Taranis forums on FrSky-rc.com, and of course on RCGroups.com.  And since Taranis uses OpenTX, those groups would be a good source as the change in firmware appears to have exhibited the delta, so knowing precisely what changed from .5 to .7 may provide clues.

In the mean time, why don't you re-flash back to .5?  Unless you found benefits to .7 that make cell data less valuable in the exchange?

• I already restored taranis 2.0.5 firmware from 2.0.7 so everything was normal. I've been waiting the solution of this problem. 

Thanks.

• Is it possible to implement some delay in reporting the initial distance, or to disregard the initial GPS alt when beginning to monitor distance travelled?

With the X9D already powered on, when the X8R starts transmitting back to the ground the true GPS alt is displayed and the baro alt will be zero (correct), but the initial distance value will be the first received GPS alt (incorrect). If I reset the telemetry/flight, or power cycle the X9D, the distance will be zero, but the GPS alt will begin at zero...

openTX 2.0.7 (happened on all previous versions incl. >2.0)

Rolf's 1.3

This reply was deleted.

Activity