Replies

• Any reason I cannot tap off the telemetry port leads?  I already have a 915MHz transmitter for telemetry now, sending data to a laptop (USB receiver), but on occasion I'd like to fly with less gear, so having the telemetry go both ways would be optimum.

• I've done this with my 3DR transmitter. I just soldered a Y-cable that only splits off GND and RX, TX should only be connected to one device. So to run both I have the connector with TX going to the radio and if I want to run without the radio at all I just move the connector with the TX to the Teensy connection.

• Forgive me for being thick, but "TX" refers to the transmit line from the ground TO the APM, right? 

So the APM can SEND data to both radio and laptop, but only receive data from one source?

Thanks!

• Yep, always confusing the crossed TX/RX. You're right, so from the flight controller's perspective it should only have one device connected to its RX. That is one device sending it heartbeats etc.

• Is anyone selling these all built? I have tried and just cant seem to get it working.

• Jared was selling pre soldered with the plugs and pre programmed on eBay, but I don't know if there are still available.

• I have tx2 rx2 and gnd connected to the teensy as well as the 3dr telemetry unit. I am getting connected on my PC but the teensy doesn't seem to be getting any data. I just het a slow blinking orange LED. any ideas?

• On APM or PixHawk?

If on PixHawk just plug the Teensy to port 2 and 3dr radio to port 1.

If APM check previous comments on this thread.

• It took while but I finally found docs showing the Inner pin (farthest from edge of APM) on the telemetry port is #1. I have everything wired up i believe correctly now. I have successfully downloaded the code into the teensy3.1.  But when I power up my quad the following occurs.

1. X8R bind light goes green

2. Teensy 3.1 Led blinks slowly for approx 10 seconds and then goes solid orange.

3. Taranis gets basic voltage telemetry from my X8R receiver on A1 

4. Nothing on A2.

What am I missing?

Thank you.

• Its working now however the data does not show up as coming in over A2. A2 is all zeros in my telemetry setup screen.

What shows up Under A1 in the telemetry setup screen is the voltage the Receiver sees (in my case X8R) which is 3.x volts.

I set up my display to shows Cells, GPS, Compass Heading an in my model display screen and I am seeing Cells = 11.x volts (model telemetry display). I believe this is from the code running on the Teensy3.1.

Can you explain why in Telemetry Setup under Model I see data under A1, Nothing under A2 but in the Telemetry Display Screen I see everything?

Last question (maybe) I see that you are not yet supporting Cnsp however I do see this value incrementing if I display this variable it starts at 7000 and increments based on current drain.

If Cnsp is not yet supported or accurate what would be the best way to measure remaining power?

Thanks.

This reply was deleted.

Activity