Replies

• First of all thanks for this great work.

I hope my X8R RX arrvies today.

IS it ok to power the teensy via the x8r. The RX has no own BEC, its powered by the APM wich ist connected to a 5V 3A UBEC.

Is this save? Or should i install another BEC?

Thx a lot. 

• Hello  rolf

very nice job,

I am waiting for my Tanaris radio. I am wondering why it is not possible to directly link the SBUS to the APM2.5 with a software modification ? There are a lot of serial ports available on APM ?

Regards

Vincent

• I am having an issue with my Teensy 3.1 board and telemetry to my Taranis.  I am using Teensy 3.1 on my Walkera QR X350 PRO which uses an APM board.

1) When I power up the quad with the battery I get no Telemetry.

2) When I power up my quad using a USB to my computer.  I get no Telemetry.

3) When I'm connected to the the PC by USB and start up and connect to Mission Planner, I then get full Telemetry on my Taranis.

I have checked all connections on the Teensy board.  Since the QR X350 does not have a telemety port I have to solder to the APM board.(GND,TX,RX).  Like I said everything works when I am connected by USB and connect to mission planner.?  I am using a Frsky 8XR receiver.

Any Ides?  This is driving me crazy.

Chip

• Did you cut the circuit trace to separate VIN from VUSB?

• Thank you Roger for your reply.

I actually have two Teensy 3.1 boards   The trace is cut on one and not on the other.  They both demonstrate the same symptoms, only working when I am plugged into the usb port on the computer and Mission planner is running and I am connected.  On one of the boards...the one with the trace cut the LED is not working but it still sends telemetry to my Transmitter when again...plugged into USB and connected to mission planner.

I either use USB or battery, never the two together.  Does the trace need to be cut for me?  I have read different opinions on this.

• Hi there,

I am looking for a ***short and simple*** piece of code in order to get my sensors (battery, my own arduino RPM) on my taranis through the X8R (no APM on all planes). Has anybody already done such a thing ?

It sounds to me like I "just" have to extract FrSkySPort.ino code (from MavLink_FrSkySPort_1.3.zip) and plug it in a standalone sketch. In principle, the sketch should be short, and thus reasonably easy to digest by me. Such a short (and simple) piece of code is what I am dreaming to get started with. Any good man out there ?

• Ok, I will make some new test.

• Hi,

Have you make some tests since the OpenTX 2.0.1 is release ?

Because after this upgrade, the telemtry is dead :(

• Hi,

I just tested the OpenTX 2.0.1 yesterday and telemetry  was working as expected.  I took advantage of a=x operator and Taranis is saying out the flight modes now.

I would conclude that the problem must somewhere else.

• I tested workes just like in the beginning! Taranis B batch maufactured for HK in November2013 runnin openTX 2.0.1
This reply was deleted.

Activity