Developer

Hi ya'll,

The thread on my blog post is getting a little unmanageable.  How about we discuss test results here instead...  

I'll also post release notes as new builds are out.  The device must support 'USB host mode' (most devices running android 3.1 or later are fine).  You'll need a 'OTG' adapter such as this

Please post feedback here or on the github issues site - the google play comments are not really useful yet.

3689504133?profile=original

3690988742?profile=original

Hi ya'll.  Please move further discussion of this app to a newly created group:

http://www.diydrones.com/groups/705844:Group:1132500?xg_source=msg_appr_group

Feel free to make new approprately titled discussion threads.  

Future app releases will be announced only there.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Kevin,

SSS = super sky surfer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rX3kFWoH17o

• Hi Kevin,

I Just tested the latest version on the play store, everything works great with my 8ft SSS. I love being able to hear the flight modes/altitude when they change.  Awesome job with the coding!!!!

Noticed a couple things Kevin,

1. When I tap on a waypoint in the waypoint list and try change the altitude from the default 100 to something else, say 20, then tap the tick (save) button the altitude defaults back to 100, the new inputted altitude does not save.
    2. When I try change the 'type' of waypoint nothing happens.
    3. On the map, the little GPS icon (top right), it always seems to be enabled to follow the aircraft, can this please toggle to turn off/on 'follow' (and change appearance to indicate status) because when I try put in a waypoint further away and pan on the map to do so, the map pans itself back to the aircraft's postition before I can add a waypoint?
    4. No version info, although I think I have the latest version from the Play store I can't find anywhere that the app says what version it is.
    5. Write and read parameter buttons would be cool, then I/we can change 2 or more parameters and then hit save rather than waiting for them to change which seems to take a long time.

And again, good work on this, it's really great!

• Developer

oops - I must have made a bum build.  Will fix tonight - no more late coding... ;-0

• Hello,

i have tested ArduPilot with a XBee and VRBrain (from VirtualRobotix) firmware : ArduCopter V2.9.1 rc-2. All with MAVLink 1.0
    It works fine!
    But (:-)) some parameters are : ?
    Is it normal?
    the displayed altitude is GPS altitude? Where i can see barometer altitude?
  • the last version is failing when downloading from the android store

• Although I have seen this questioned before I am not sure that I have seen an answer.... Is it possible to connect a Nexus 7 (using an OTG connector) to an APM (ver 1 in my case) via USB only (No xbee or 3DR radio) using Ardupilot? I have tried and the Nexus 7 recognizes that a 3dr telemetry device is connected but the parameters and waypoints do not download.

• hi..  can i use a samsung galaxy tab2.. using the standard usb cable that came with tab2, then a female to female usb adapter, then the telemetry antenna..

thanks..

• Developer

New release (not sure yet how I feel about the new group UI - so I'm posting this here).

# 1.0.05
    * Fix an autoreported bug which apparently only occurs on android 4.1.1/4.1.2. If you have _any_ crashes on the app now, please post in the group with
    your phone model, time of crash UTC and what you were doing. Hopefully I can knock any last ones down.

• Developer

Kevin, tested it on Samsung Galaxy Note II now with new OTG cable and works (android 4.1.2) but my new mini android tablet has problems to see the link (4.1.1). Are there any ways to debug why same cable/modem does not work on table?

This reply was deleted.

Activity