Developer

Hi ya'll,

The thread on my blog post is getting a little unmanageable.  How about we discuss test results here instead...  

I'll also post release notes as new builds are out.  The device must support 'USB host mode' (most devices running android 3.1 or later are fine).  You'll need a 'OTG' adapter such as this

Please post feedback here or on the github issues site - the google play comments are not really useful yet.

3689504133?profile=original

3690988742?profile=original

Hi ya'll.  Please move further discussion of this app to a newly created group:

http://www.diydrones.com/groups/705844:Group:1132500?xg_source=msg_appr_group

Feel free to make new approprately titled discussion threads.  

Future app releases will be announced only there.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Kevin,

I installed today the geared stepper motor for pitch axis and it was promising in flight tests, more powerful but I might need some more tune.

Now the question (of course): what mavlink packet are you using for a single goto waypoint? I need to change the ardupilot code to use the current altitude instead of the one set in andropilot, I had some interesting dives because I missed the correct altitude to set in andropilot interface.

I must say again, Andropilot proves to be again an invaluable tool for inflight tuning and how to say, inflight control station? If I would be in the position to make suggestions,what I would need beside the already asked offline mapsforge option is some kind of quick sliders to trim AHRS axes, for roll the existent method is sufficient but for pitch would be more interesting to create a method for vertical climb or descend postures - is just for brainstorming, I can live with what is now available, mapsforge is "prioritaire".

Thanks again and keep the good work.

PS: The installation is still to ugly to post pictures, but will do when ready. 

• Hello Kevin,

first whith your last version, Andropilot works very fine on my Galaxy SII (Android 4.1.2) and XBees!

Second point : as we have both GPS on Quad and Android, can we use DGPS to have a better accuracy on relative position between Quad and Andropilot?

Best regards

Guillaume

PS: have you do other corrections on MAVLink Java? i am opening a goggle code site for it...

• Hi Kevin,

In a test flight yesterday I tried to compensate positioning errors using AHR_TRIM_X and AHR_TRIM_Y, positive values worked however andropilot don't let me input negative numbers to compensate to the other side.

My AP will fly side slipping until you'll fix this :)

I installed the 26 kgcm pitch servo but is way underpowered unfortunately, I must find another way, maybe a stepper motor with reduction to increase torque.

• Hi there, I recently installed Andropilot and have Arduplane 2.7 running on an ardupilot mega 2.5.. When I set a waypoint and direct it to go to that waypoint, the app toasts something about command #1 and then "verify_nav: none or invalid nav command"

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• Hi Kevin,

How are you updating the flight mode, based on what packet? There is a situation in my configuration when the panel autopilot control (designed to work without external assistance like andropilot, having a mode switch and arm button) is set to say stabilize, and prioritize this against mavlink commands. Thus in this case when andropilot sends command for manual mode, it still thinks is in manual mode even the panel control keeps it in stabilize. If you rely on certain mavlink packet I can send it at intervals to set mode in andropilot.

The panel autopilot control switch has positions for stabilize, loiter and pass through, the latest giving andropilot full control over flight modes, including guided.

• I have just started using this app. INCREDIBLE! But I was wondering, once I mark my waypoints, is there a way to make sure the multi is always facing a certain object? Like if I set my way points in a circle and I always want my camera to be facing a building in the middle of the circle. Is this done in the app or on the APM when I flash the waypoints?

Thanks

• Dear Kevin,

thanx for your last andropilot versions. I have testet  1.2.07 for my Telemetry over 3G setup with your TCP option. Onboard I  used a BT modul and a sony xperia active (waterproof!) with android 2.3.7 and spp mirror, as GCS i used a motorolla xoom (android 4.0.2) with andropilot. Funny the hud-latency was less than with a direct connection over usb ;)

Best c.

telemetry_over_3G_setup.jpg

• Hello kevin,

App is great , but it's a bit difficult to tune PIDs. Is it possible to make some kind of a table with pids, looking like APM planner PID configuration table ?! 

Another question is about downloading flight logs from APM board . Is it possible ?

Thanks a lot .

• I'm working on a quad that I would like get going with the Andopilot gcs (tablet and samsung note II) as well and am wondering if I can use a wifly (wifii) module from SF (plugs into an Xbee explorer board), as an alternate to a 900mhz Xbee.

All the best.

Daniel

• I have a Nexus 7 and can get Andropilot to connect using 3DR radios but not with Xbee or direct from the APM. I am running a an APM 2.0 Quad with 2.9.1.The serial settings are at the correct rate.

Anything I can try to get the Xbee working. 3DR radio in UK is very slow due to the 10% transmission time?

Peter 

This reply was deleted.

Activity