APM 2.5 Firmware Upload Verify Fail

Just upgraded my Flamewheel 550 Hex from the APM 2.0 board  to APM 2.5 (plus the ublox GPS) (all directly from 3DR). On firmware installation, at the end of the "verify" phase, there's an error message stating that the firmware upload was successful but that verify failed "exp 77 got 37 at 35124." I repeated the upload four times with the exact same result. Does this indicate a defective board, or?? Thanks for any help!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Seems to be true!

Matthew Dickinson said:

For me, whenever I try updating firmware using mission planner running inside a Windows 8 or XP virtual machine using VMware fusion, It fails - I find I have to go find a 'real' PC to get it to update.
  • I had the same issue...found the answer in another thread. Went into windows device manager, selected the com port of the APM (com3 for me) and set it to 115200/8/N/1 and enabled XON/OFF flow control. I'm not 100% sure this is the FTDI chip being used, but the linked doc recommends always using flow control on page 12.

http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Documents/AppNotes/AN232B-04_DataLa...
  • I've had this happen several times when trying to load Arducopter firmware 2.9.1;  after (4 or 5) attempts, successful load and verify was achieved.   In the midst were a couple of reboots of the virtual machine.  I'm running windows 7 home premium (guest) in Virtualbox under Ubuntu 12.10 (host).   An interesting note; the code that didn't verify seemed to run fine, but I just didn't trust it...

• Update: After a bit of back and forth I'm happy to report that the replacement situation regarding my defective board has been resolved satisfactorily.

• Hello all,

I deleted my own negative and ranting responses.

Negativity is not very beneficial in this group and I hold Chris in the highest regard and trust he will eventually get customer service straightened out.

I am distressed to see my friend Oliver being dealt with as he has been, but it is not my business (literally) and I know that concerns there are far different than what I can see.

As Donald Southerland said in Kellys Hero's "Watch the Negative waves Moriarty".

I was rude, ranting and rambling.

I definitely apologize for the rude and ranting parts.

I probably can't fix rambling,but hereafter I am going to try to avoid negative issues and concentrate on what positive influence I can have on this community, it needs assistance more than criticism.

• For me, whenever I try updating firmware using mission planner running inside a Windows 8 or XP virtual machine using VMware fusion, It fails - I find I have to go find a 'real' PC to get it to update.
  • Hi O,

The above result means that it wrote a 1 in the second from the high bit of the byte at address 35124 but when it verified it read it as a zero bit.

Richards suggestion is worth pursuing.

But calling Craig tomorrow seems likely.

For want of a bit a hexacopter was lost!

• T3
    Did you try a reset or erase from the terminal or command line interface (CLI). I believe the command is located under Setup. Type '?' and enter in the CLI to get a list of commands. Erasing or resetting the APM might help in loading the firmware. Good luck.
  • I'm not sure if this is related to your problem or not but I too am having a problem with uploading the new 2.9.1 firmware.  I have a Hexa and it is already loaded up with 2.9.0 firmware but when I try to upload the newest one this is the error I get.

If anybody has any suggestions, I'm all ears. :)

Because there is some mention of a serial problem I have unplugged the Sonar and deselected it in the APM.  I have also unplugged the telemetry radios but with each step the problem remains.

-Mike3692625111?profile=original

This reply was deleted.

Activity