APM 2.5 No dataflash Compass init error

Hey everyone, I just received a Arducopter kit w/ full electronics, assembled it, everything is connected, installed MP, loaded driver, loaded 2.8.1 firmware. Problem I am getting is I cannot get Mission Planner to recognize the compass, doesnt work in Flight Data. Also the console reads No dataflash inserted  Compass Init Error. Attached are two screenshot I hope helps troubleshoot this. I hope the board isnt DOA.. The APM 2.5 came assembled in the case, but was missing 3 of 4 screws and the rubber reset button, bit surprised with this... Anyways, looking forward to any and all suggestions on getting this up and running. I am stationed in Japan and would like to see about troubleshooting this before sending it back to the vendor. Long mail times :P Thanks!

3690981099?profile=original

3690981014?profile=original

Jake

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am having a lot of the issues listed here with my apm 2.5 board.  I can't connect in MP with the latest Arducopter V3.0.1.  I was able to load 2.9.1b and connect, however I couldn't run any radio calibrations.  The bars just stay empty no matter what I do, nothing records.  After reading a lot of these posts, I thought I would check the 3.3V regulator and this is what I get.  Any thoughts or help??

Inline image 1

• hey guys I have the 2.5 board, that will not connect to mp.  i check and i'm getting 4.7 volts out of my chip.  I assume this is bad....

• I'm having the same issues w/ compass & data flash that def2att described Dec 2012. Any solution?

• Having the same problem! Happened just now. I've checked output voltage as Al suggested, mine reads 5.02 V input - 0 V output...  :( 

Contacted jDrones for support.. 

Just wanted to share this info w/ You guys - looks like that voltage regulator is not best of the quality :/

PS

APM 2.5.2 here.

PS2

Thanks Al Lowrie ! ^^

• My board gave me this 'No dataflash COMPASS INIT' error, must've happened mid-flight. My board is slightly different though, ver2.5.1. Any idea what to check ?3692664515?profile=original

But more importantly, anyone got any clue as to why this happened ? I am using the power module to power the board which still works.

• Are these wires suppose to be soldered together on the micro usb plug?

3692648271?profile=original

I am unable to get My APM 2.5 working. 

I am also getting no response from GPS or movement during flight Data, Gps does work in terminal test.  It worked until I plugged in my CSRC-RX3000 Spektrum DSM2 Compatible 2.4Ghz 6-Ch Receiver.

I would like to use My Plane APM for Way-points fun after I get it to work properly. 

I also bought the air speed sensor, the standard 3dr GPS. I am have no need for a portable base station. I do not have telemetry. Do I need It?

I get a blue on the gps and the board. I continue to get a disabled GPS, accelerometer, and failed to connect to  MPU6000 5 times problem.

The first time I plugged in the APM 2.5 after loading arduplane 2.7 and "COM5"connecting @115200  it seemed to work fine. I could see my location on the map and the horizon display move.

Any help or pictures to compare my plug soldering to. Thanks

Thanks for everyones help, I am unsure what I need to do.

• Is there a full hardware test that can be run on APM 2.5 from the CLI? I'd like to run a test on my new APM instead of finding issues the hard way.
  • Well i've just fix my board on 3:00 a.m. (Hong Kong time). i've find that the 3.3V power supply ic damaged, when i use a external dc supply (by agilent) instead, the board working again. so that tells me i should change the ic TPS79133 near socket GPS and socket ATx-U2. it's a small ic with 5pins ( SOT23-5 ) and it costs about 0.5$/pcs in china.

• Tried again to troubleshoot today and no luck.. I was able to get the quad to throttle up and down but cant figure out how to fix the compass or dataflash.. Will call 3dr when they open and see what they have to say. Thanks.

This reply was deleted.

Activity