APM 2.5 Setup

I'm quite new at this, so please excuse any silly questions.  I'm in the process of setting up my 450 with the ArduPilot Mega 2.5 with the 2.9.1 firmware.  In the documentation it says to have my transmitter set up in fixed wing mode, and to let the APM do all mixing etc.  Channels 1,2,4, and 5 go strait to the same channels on the APM.  Receiver channel three goes to APM channel 8 for the RSC.  However, with the radio in fixed wing mode, what channel do I use for collective pitch?  

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Another question, I'm trying to set the collective limits in MP, and it won't let me increase the lower limit.  It's at 1059, and if I enter anything larger (1060) it resets to 1059.  It will allow me to lower it though.  Am I missing something?

• What works really well is to have your transmitter in heli-mode but turn off the CCPM.  IIRC this is called H1 on a Futaba.  that will allow you to have a single channel for each servo, which is what the APM is looking for, but still have a throttle and collective mix. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity