I decided to get something a little more robust for my 43202 Torpedo Drones that I designed.  I have only been using the KK2.1 updated with the new firmware.  These all flew great, but the KK2.1 was missing some of the flight parameters that only another board can deliver.  Stable flight, loiter, options to add more modules, real time gps and compass readings.

I bought a setup that is very popular on the ebay pages due to my current finances.  This comes as a complete kit with the Gps stand and module, some extra wires, a pm module connector using the xt60, and the apm 2.6 itself.

Was able to get the module to load into mission planner and calibrate the acccs.  What was not connecting is the compass and the Gps module.  My friend suggested I read the wires coming from the Gps and it read 5 volts.  This means it is getting power to the Gps by the usb cable.  I have tried new firmware, old firmware, re plugging it back in and out, and still I get the error messages that say Bad compass health and no gps detected.

I can not use live calibration because according to the board it does not see any compass or gps.  I am including photos of my setup, my new frame design, and pictures of the exsposed compass/gps module.

All of this shows good solder joints, I hope proper connecting, I am not seeing any blue light on the module when it connects to the mission planner.

Any advice, diagrams, pictures of videos would be greatly appreciated.

20160311_090339.jpg

20160310_183737.jpg

20160310_150716 (Medium).jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Houston we have found a fix for the ublox gps/compass from amazon and ebay.

It is in the wiring setup.  You just have to switch the green wire for the red one.

The way it comes out of the box is like this.

Black Space Green Yellow Red

It should look like this.

Black Space Red Yellow Green.  Thats it do this and it will work.  

• Update measured the battery on the gps/ compass module and it is barley reading .03 volts.  Do I buy a new one or try and solder a new battery in?

This reply was deleted.

Activity