APM Barometer Accuracy

Hi,

I'm just playin with my assembled APM+Shield and noticed when I'n in CLI and run the altitude test command, the altitude varies around 50 to 60cm in a few seconds (while it is laying in my room in dead air). Is that the Baro accuracy? If so, barometer should only (is) being used for higher altitude holds and not close to the ground?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I just recently got my APM soldered up and loaded the latest AC2 code. When I go into the test menu and type "altitude" my readings are ALL OVER the place. Is there something wrong with my board?
  • Also interested in low altiude sensing. looking forward to the sonar implementation.

Thanks for all your great work....

• Thanks for the replies guys, think I'll order a sonar soon =)
  • 3D Robotics
    Yes, sonar sensors are typically used for control under 10 ft or so. That's currently implemented on Arducopter and will be added to APM soon.

BTW, I changed the category of your post to APM 2.x. Just a reminder to check the category when you're posting in the future.
  • I've found mine settles down a bit (never completely) by allowing it time to warm up, and by setting the temp in the PID setup.
    Yes
This reply was deleted.

Activity