Developer

APM Copter 2.9.1.b has been released

3691010694?profile=original

APM Copter 2.9.1.b has been released to the Mission Planner and is also posted in the downloads area.
2.9.1b is a maintenance release incorporating changes to 4 default parameters that have been optimized since 2.9.1 was released.  There are also 4 minor bug fixes.  There are no code function changes or additional features.

The changes are:
1) reduce default INS_MPU6K_FILTER to 20hz
2) reduce InertialNav Z-axis time constant to 5 (was 7)
3) increased max InertialNav accel correction to 3 m/s (was 1m/s)
4) reduce yaw_rate P default to 0.20 (was 0.25)
5) bug fix for alt_hold being passed as int16_t to get_throttle_althold_with_slew which might have caused problems if you climbed over 320m.
6) bug fix for throttle after acro flip (was being kept at min throttle if pilot switched out of ACRO mode while inverted)
7) bug fix to acro trainer to do with roll correction 
8) prevent cli from being entered more than 20seconds after reboot.

Users are recommended to:
    Update Mission Planner to 1.2.41 and
    Update their flight code to 2.9.1b from the Firmware tab on Mission Planner. There is no need to go through a new configuration process in the Mission Planner.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• And yet another windy day here in Belgium.
    But nice to see how the quad will behave (3.0 - rc1)

Gusty winds up to 20km/h.
    Had to fight in stabilize mode to keep the quad in position, banking quite hard.
    Switched to loiter and this is the result:

3692710998?profile=originalIt held position within less than 5m in high winds.
    Also to be taken into account is that this is with stock PID settings.

Frame: TBS discovery with APM2.5 and Ublox
    Motors: 850KV
    ESC: 20A (SimonK flashed)
    Props: Gemfan 9x4.7

• should i try AC3.0rc1 or AC 2.9.1b...

which better from ur experience

• Couldn't wait to get my hands on the 3.0 RC1, so...

Loaded it onto my brand new TBS Discovery with APM2.5, Ublox and 3DR power module.
    Calibrated everything, enabled some logs and ready.

Some final checks and the TBS was airborne.

Very smooth and stable flight (stock PID)
    Stabilize: check
    Alt hold: has the tendency to climb a bit but still need to get my throttle mid point set. I saw in the logs that my throttle cruise was around 620 (will raise my throttle mid)
    Loiter: same as alt hold of course but rock solid. Moved it a bit around a grips back in the air.
    Yaw rate is perfect.

I noticed that the RAW log is not there anymore and I guess it is replaced by IMU (correct?).

Just had a flight of a couple of minutes to get the feel but this release looks very promising.
    Can't wait to do some more testing.
    Nice work !!!

Small remark:
    Since the last release of mission planner 1.2.48 it is extremely slow on a windows 7 pc.
    I could not load the firmware onto my APM as it timed out. I had to switch to my pc with XP to get it working.
    Previous releases worked flawless even on win7.
    Any thoughts on this how to fix or solve?

Thank you

• Not that you devs have any time leftover for pleasure, but just in case here's a video of AC3rc1.5 loitering in gusty winds without XY tuning on my 450 quad. I gave it a +.5 since I compiled after the first few additions after rc1... you guys are too quick :P.  It's a long and boring video... such is life with a perfect loiter... I added music to get you through, mixed with motor noise so you can hear it crank up when the wind blows hard (and watch on your mobile ;) ).

Enjoy!

• Hello everyone :-)
    I tried to load 3.0-rc1, all OK, I reset the parameters to cli,
    I redid calibration radio and configured in CH7 SAVE-TRIM APM
    blip normal, but not ARMED, mode changes on the planer, but not ARMED :-(
    APM 2.0

: -?

sorry my English is translated by google :-)

• Flew about 15 flights today with 3.0

Only issue I had was that I had to tweak (channel 6) the declination each time.  One thing I noticed is that if this setting is off you may still get a good loiter for 30-60 seconds but then the quad can take off quick away from location.  The test that I did, I repeated 5 times.  If I am able to tune the declination and fly (in Loiter mode) for example North at a fast speed and then let go of sticks, and do the same going east, AND ther is absolutely NO oscillation, the loiter will stay indefifnately.

I own two WKM and today my APM 2.5 performed better than them.  Please note I have had no issues with Loiter in 2.9.1b but this is unbelievable difference especially in the landing, repositioning and even the alt hold (which I believe was inder inertial control) seem better.  I was getting for example 30.1 M to 30.3 Meter.......    .2 meter variation in height!

• My impression with 3.0rc1. Thanks Dev Team!!! I really like how smooth loiter is after flying in heavy winds without tuning (based on my 2.9.1 tune). Wind was 15mph and gusty, yet it followed my stick in puts very precisely... way outshining my friends Naza GPS. AC3 is so precise that the camera footage is a bit jerky. I like it on the stiffer side myself, but some might not approve. However, you want the bad news too, so...

IMHO the default loiter speed was very weak topping 15mph; I figured I could get 30mph by increasing "WPNAV_SPEED" from 500cm/s to 1000cm/s, but when I try to do that in MP 1.2.48 standard parameters, there is a bug that sets the parameter to zero, and then it cannot be increased beyond 50. I can edit to 1000 through the advanced menu, but still... will later report on loiter speeds with WPNAV_SPEED=1000. ;)

What's with the cryptic logs? I used to be somewhat fluent in APM log, but with the new format I'm kinda lost. In practice it was great holding solid with gusty wind, but I'd like to know how to be able to self diagnose if/when something does go wrong. PM logs are even changed, so not sure how much logging I can get away with. I learned the 2.9 logs by following along as Randy and the devs diagnosed other ppls logs, but was hoping for more of a crash course for interpreting 3.0 logs. Any help understanding the new logs would be great. :?

Is there a tuning guide for iNAV XY?

• I added a heavier camera to my quad. Now althold is compleatly messed up. it jumps up and down +-2m like a jojo motors behave frenettic throttle changes. No smooth throttle input changes to keep it in the correct alt.

where to start to make it give smoother throttle corrections?

it hower at 50%throttle. before it was 40% and then althold worked perfect after I added in higher IMAX and p0.5 i1.0 on the accel pid

• I am very keen to go back to 2.8.1 until a stable release of v3 is available, but there is an error downloading the file from the servers, see http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/how-to-go-back-to-a-different-ard...

Any chance that can be fixed as I really do need a stable loiter for some work I am doing at the moment and 2.9.1b is just not good enough!

• Can somebody know why the APM take so long to initialize since a few builds. My DJI 30a ESC are beeping for 1 minutes before the little music. Before it was like just 1 beep before the "OK sound".

This reply was deleted.

Activity