Developer

APM Copter 2.9.1.b has been released

3691010694?profile=original

APM Copter 2.9.1.b has been released to the Mission Planner and is also posted in the downloads area.
2.9.1b is a maintenance release incorporating changes to 4 default parameters that have been optimized since 2.9.1 was released.  There are also 4 minor bug fixes.  There are no code function changes or additional features.

The changes are:
1) reduce default INS_MPU6K_FILTER to 20hz
2) reduce InertialNav Z-axis time constant to 5 (was 7)
3) increased max InertialNav accel correction to 3 m/s (was 1m/s)
4) reduce yaw_rate P default to 0.20 (was 0.25)
5) bug fix for alt_hold being passed as int16_t to get_throttle_althold_with_slew which might have caused problems if you climbed over 320m.
6) bug fix for throttle after acro flip (was being kept at min throttle if pilot switched out of ACRO mode while inverted)
7) bug fix to acro trainer to do with roll correction 
8) prevent cli from being entered more than 20seconds after reboot.

Users are recommended to:
    Update Mission Planner to 1.2.41 and
    Update their flight code to 2.9.1b from the Firmware tab on Mission Planner. There is no need to go through a new configuration process in the Mission Planner.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Here the parameters with which I flew last time, if you want use them only as a reference, of course.

3.0.0.RC5_Quaddino_Marco.param

• Alexey,

Would you mind posting your Rate, Stab, Thr PIDs.

I'd like to compare to mine.

thanks

• Hi! Will the ROI in the firmware version V3? I have heard ROI does not work in 2.9.1.

• One of the best codes. for 3 years I have blown up the arducopter from the apm 1.4 service that is still in a work of art, and now one of the first apm 2.5, by testing before each flight and a thorough examination of the electronics,no I had falls or mishaps, now with this code the v3.0.0.rc6've had 12 pleasant flight, maintain altitude, rtl, loiter, perfect for my, thank you all, especially Randy, Marco, and of course the teacher Dave c for the pid.
    my settings:
    APM 2.5, with 1.9 mtk, is more accurate the ublox but I'm content for now.
    XAircraft frame setup v2 650 8x, engines of the same brand, with 10x4.5 x8, x8 Turnigy Plush 10 amp, ubec, xbee 900,
    3s bat 5800, gopro 2 video 5.8, a weight of 1750 with everything.

Thanks to the community

v3.0.0rc6.param

• arducopter 3/0/rc1 hard loiter test :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3-ii_5wmt0&feature=player_embedded

my config

apm 2.5

gps pa6C (3339)

frame turnigy talon 550mm

self-making dampening carbon box & battery holder

esc hk30A ubec + symonk + opto pwm

motors ax4008q

apc 14*4.7

w = 2000g

battery zippy compact 3S * 5000ma X 2 = 10А

fly time >25 min

detail photo here https://sites.google.com/site/talon2v2/photos

• Developer

Thanks all for your positive feedback, V3 RC final will be released within 24 hours or so.
    The various possible fix will then be released later, a new topic will soon be open by Randy or Craig.
    There are things that must be made absolutely right to fly the V3, will be explained in the thread, waiting to release the new wordpress section, almost complete.

Bests, Marco
    -= APM Copter Dev Team =-

• I was poking around in the downloads folder and noticed RC6 and RC61 files in there.  I also noticed that MP 1.2.53 wasnt there.  I personally like to download the installer files instead of using the MP to update...

• Another excellent day with the 3.0rc5.This release is working great.

Alt hold and loiter are spot on so I was tempted to try the 'follow' mode with the Droidplanner on my tablet.

So I did, put the copter in loiter, dialed in the altitude on the tablet and switched to 'follow'.

The quad was hovering nicely at 10m and following in each and every direction, just nice.

Another test I did when the copter was in loiter mode, dragging it away from its position and releasing it.
    It smoothly returns to its loiter position. It is like shooting an arrow put in slow motion :-)

For the devs: great job!

My setup: TBS discovery, MT2213, DJI10x3.8 prop, 20A (SimonK), APM2.5 + 3DR power module, 4s3300, 3DR telemetry.

• I've been flying 5-10 battery packs a day for the past week with v3rc5 and am having great results! Today I turned on IMU to check the vibs and got this graph. I'm using a vib dampening system Rob Lefebvre supplied with his Octo kit. Seems to be working great.

IMU.png

• Hi all,

i have an issue with Alt Hold ! when i enable Alt hold the copter climb at full throttle with some vibration i tried to lower the throttle stick but no use , anyone know what might cause this issue?

This reply was deleted.

Activity