Hy all DIY UAV Builders ,

I would need your Help about APM2.0.18 / FW AC3.1.5

( First of all : I searched all around the forums to get the REAL response , and not only the same boring answer like :" look at the documentation " but allways fall on useless answer ( useless because I tested them and this doesn't works at all ) , I know the documentation as well because it's my Bible , so if you plan to answer like this you can go sleeping you won't be usefull for the comunity and obviousely for me :) )

Ref :
- APM 2.6 Board + NEO6M + POWER Cable.
- Mission Planner 1.3.31 ( just upgraded )
- APM Planner 2 ( 2.0.18 Just Upgraded )
- Arducopter 3.1.5 Firmware

What is the Problem :

I build my 3rd QuadCopter ,and get back my APM 2.6 to mount on => OK
Flew One Lipo => OK
Wanted to Download the logs for analyze after the flight ,I went immediately into APM 2.0.18 , and ... No Log at all ...
As I 'm a little paranoid , I decided to upgrade and use Mission Planner 1.3.31 , from the log tabs , clic on DL via Mavlink => KO , error messages "error while getting log list" ... no way I decided to open the CLI then Download logs ... and tadaaaa logs are here ... I donload them , and can analize ...

What is changed between my old Quadcopter and this one :

Only the frame !!! all electronic worked perfectly on previous build ... and APM from 2.0.17 to 2.0.18 (LINUX AND WINDOWS ) and Mission planner from 1.3.? ( don't remember ) to 1.3.31 ... allways working with AC 3.1.5 FW .

Questions :

1/ Why do I use the CLI to Download the Logs , while it is writtent to use MAVLink to do this instead ???
2/ Why do I use Mission Planner to do this , instead of APM2 ( cannot I only works on Linux and it worked as well before ... )
3/ Why This doesn't works with APM2 ??? ( Know ALL Bitmask and done at least 100 test
=> Setup the bitmask ,write to the board, refresh the list (OK ), disconnect the APM , PowerCycle it , fly indoor for 1 minute, power down the Quad and plug it to the computer => NO LOGS in APM2.0.18 , but in Mission Planner 1.3.31 only in the CLI ...

Anybody have some clues to fix this ( F.....G ) behaviour ???
Is there a simple checkup to know if my board is fried ?
Any thought , tip will helps My brand new Quad to works as he worked before ???

Best regards , and thanx to ALL Arducopter Team for their great Works :)

====================================
( sorry but now I'm boring and little hungry because every update of FW , or GUI makes too much problems I can't handle , I choose APM because this worked fine under Linux , like no other FC ( I only know APM ) , and just want to fly ( Video plateform essentialy ) I like electronic , Arduino , but for this project I can't spent time in debugging , cutting PCB track to fix somthing etc etc ... My goal when I purchased APM more than one year ago was to get the most reliable OPEN SOURCE FC)

APM_2.0.18-KO_1.png

Mission-planner.1.3.31-KO_1.png

Mission-planner.1.3.31-OK_1.png

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

upgrade your autopilot version, dataflash download over mavlink is a newer feature.

• I just forget one detail , I tried 3.2.1 , but had too much problems with all GPS guided operations . And decided to downgrade to the last FW the Quad Flew .
      I remember that this feature worrked as well , before up then donwgraded the FW , I intialized the EEPROM , with the Arduino IDE , did the job fine .
      I managed to fly this afternoon , issue with Autotune ( didn't start ).and always the logs are accessable only via CLI .
      It sounds like : backup parameters , test upgrade to the 3.2.x release , make the mandatory setup and try ... I will see if I still have same old GPS positioning defaults .

• 3702714064?profile=original[SOLVED] Today is the day I solved this issue .
        I follow your advise Michael , and upgrade to the 3.2.1 FW , I wish I won't have GPS issue with this FW as I had ...
        I just kept all parameters from previous Compass / Radio / FS / Switches setup and will give a try this afternoon , and will come bcak to close this thread with results :)
        Thanx .

• Thanx mate :)
      But I did it , and tried all AC from 3 to 3.1.5 , but still have this behaviour :
      I cannot access to the logs , with APM 2.0.18 , I didn't downgrade the GUI to 2.0.17 ( the rev I used for some times and wich worked fine ).
      I looked at the source code , tried to recompile the app ( under Linux ), but no changes ... this is why I posted here , I'm autonomous , I learn all by my self , I managed many many issues before .. but for now , I don't understand what could causes this behaviour ... and more and more I suspect the hardware ... it would be sad to "burn" a board while you get it back from a Quad to put it on another ... I never had this issue before ... I take care ( antistatic link to the ground of my desk etc etc )...
      So if someone can tell me what I can test on the board to confirm it is defectuous , he's Welcome :)
      For now I'm no confident enough to fly with my Quad ...

This reply was deleted.

Activity