APM Mini Fly Away - maiden flight.. :o(

Hi all,

High hopes dashed this evening probably through my own stupidity but I would welcome a diagnosis of the attached log, please.

This is a Tarot 250 mini quad with APM Mini 3.1 and 6M gps. All seems good, took off about 3 feet and kept her fairly steady in stab mode then went into alth at which point she started to rise steadily without response to any of my inputs. Got to roof level so I took her out of alth, even tried rth but she took a quick right and started heading down our street. I shot through the house and luckily a guy I know down the road saw it land in somebody's front garden. No apparent damage apart from a couple of props and a lost prop nut.

Seems there were some GPS glitches but I don't understand why she wouldn't go back into stab and let me bring her back down.

I'm successfully flying a powerful Spy 600 with Pixhawk and have never even had the slightest brown trouser moment with that..

Thanks,

Peter.

2015-03-05 18-01-14.log

2015-03-05 18-01-14.kmz

2015-03-05 18-01-14.log.gpx

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks Bill, that all makes perfect sense, I'll load another log when I get home although the one above is the only 'flight' log I have.

• Well, I plotted the home point and it looks pretty close to where you started.  Your arming check does look enabled, with HDOP of 2.0, which is good.  But if you look on your kmz file, the position is wandering all over so it may have been having trouble finding the way to go to the waypoint.  If you look at the DesPosX and Y it looks like its constantly trying to find it's way.  I'm suspecting still the high GPS HDOP is your issue, but I won't have time to poke around at it for a couple days.

• This is the setup..

DSC_0259.JPG

• Thanks Bill, I really appreciate you spending time looking at this for me.

I just did a 'flight' holding the quad, waited until the blue gps light was on before arming, put throttle to ~25% and she responded to all stick movements and imus but when I put her in alth, there was no response to stick changes initially, same in loiter but was ok again in stab..

When I repeated this, she did respond in alth and when in loiter was trying to move to a different location. I've tried downloading the log in terminal but there's a constant stream of data rather than the option to download.

How do I downloads params?

I'm off to Florence for the weekend (birthday present from my wife) in 15 minutes so I guess this will have to wait until Monday afternoon now, soooo frustrating!

Thanks again Bill..

• This is it..

DSC_0252_1.JPG

This reply was deleted.

Activity