apm2 and MPU6050 DMP... question?

Hi, I have a doubt. The APM2 have a MPU6050 and this sensor have a DMP for fusion accelerometer gyro and external magnetometer.

My question is, Why in the source code not use the DMP of MPU6050 ? but use the traditional software DCM ? ... maybe is DMP is inaccurate? or is too slow for update?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• A lot of stuff about this DMP doesn't make sense.

If the MPU6000 actually has a processor there's no reason not to release the binary for it.

If 3DR rewrote the "library" (whatever that is supposed to mean) then it is 3DR's intellectual property, so why not release it?

I think this topic is going to keep coming up until someone gives a straight answer.

• https://github.com/jrowberg/i2cdevlib/blob/master/Arduino/MPU6050/M...

maybe this will shed some light

jrowberg/i2cdevlib
    I2C device library collection for AVR/Arduino or other C++-based MCUs - jrowberg/i2cdevlib
  • Anyone know if there is some reason why the DMP code can't be released as a closed-source library?

• I understand, I thought about a problem of technical origin, I didn't think that was the origin bureaucratic

• Developer

It's also a legal issue. We need to distribute the code and we're working on getting Invensense to allow that. Until their lawyers OK it, we can't.

This reply was deleted.

Activity