APM2 SPI and Optical Flow Sensor

Does Anybody know if there would be a respin of the APM2 daughteboard in order to include a three pin connector or some other easy access to the SPI pins without soldering the cables for the optical flow connector?

I am ready to order APM2 however would wait if that mod happens soon.

Thanks

Patricio

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It seems that the only way as of now is to do the soldering on APM2, it is mentioned on the WIKI page of OptiFlow

---------------

Comment by project member rmackay...@gmail.com, Apr 25, 2012

hilltopflyer,

The original hope with the APM2 was that you could just plug it in instead of having to solder anything but sadly we found a problem after the APM2s had already gone into production re interference with the MPU6000 (they both work fine when tested individually but not together!). The only way that I've been able to get the sensor to work with the APM2 is to solder it as shown in the pictures above. It is fiddly but very possible.

---------------

I have done the soldering and found that the best way is to use a JST connector (I used what was available with me 4 pins, it will be better if you have 3 pins).

Photo 1: The JST connector and APM2 before soldering

3692446016?profile=original

Photo 2: The APM2 after soldering the JST Connector

3692446114?profile=original

Photo 3: Preparing a cable to connect APM2 (MISO,MOSI,SCLK) to OptiFlow Sensor

3692446160?profile=original

Pohto 4: OptiFlow Sensor connected to APM2

3692446037?profile=original

Remember that you will need firmware 2.6 to be able to use APM2 with Optiflow sensor. Also I noticed that testing sketch that is posted on the wiki is not working as expected (giving white pixels) however the test from APM2 command line is working perfectly.

This reply was deleted.

Activity