hello folks,

i would like first of all, all the people here that took some times for answer to my questions, helped me out how this arducopter works, you are all part of my loiter succeed :)

i wanted to share this video with you, cause i ve often heard that arducopter will never reach the quality of the loiter mode that you get with wkm, but i have to say,on this test (no wind) we just couldn t see the quad shifting, surely less than a meter.

Congrats to all the ppl behind the code and on the forum making this possible

clap clap clap clap

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I totally agree.

I loaded 2.5.4 into my homemade Quad the other day and went flying.  The default settings that are delivered seem to agree nicely with it.

Very little wind so a good day to try the more advanced modes again - they've been a bit wandery in the past.  Altitude Hold (with Sonar) was steady as a rock, and I floated it across a mound where it rose to follow the ground.  Flew over a wire fence at about 2m up and it detected that and rose accordingly.

Then into Loiter and it was like I'd put the handbrake on.  It sat almost still in the air, wandering no more than half a metre laterally.  After watching it for a minute of two, I did the trick of walking up to it (not TOO close though), putting my hand under the sonar and magically levitating the Quad into the air several times.  Didn't need to touch the Remote until the "Battery Flat" beeper told me that time was up.

Congratulations to all those doing the work.

• Could you please share some info on your setup?

Looks great!!

• awesome, and congrats. though my APM2 is flying just right, i am still mortally scared to hit the loiter and RTL sw in my Tx. but the day is close when i will do it...

This reply was deleted.

Activity