Developer

ArduCopter 2.7.1 Released

ArduCopter 2.7.1 will become available on Mission Planner and in the downloads area shortly. This release contains a few important bug fixes as well as the first implementation of the MPU6000 sensor-fusion code. 

Detailed changes are in the commit log. Here's a summary:

New:

- Preliminary support for MPU6000 on board sensor-fusion (DMP)

- AP_Limits: Experimental "bounce" mode, for smaller spaces (LIM_RECMODE)

Bugs:

- Bug fix for yaw error buildup on takeoff

- Fix in Auto mode for failsafe handling

- Fixes to 3-axis camera gimbal code

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi,

still I have some problem with gimbal (no PPM) on 10/11 output. Most probably some problem with the PCB, but I'm not sure. Could someone be so kind and send to me own .param file with working gimbal? My configuration is X4 but no matter. Just would like to check the PPM output.

• I armed it and then raised the throttle just a little bit as seen in the video. The props start spinning the same speed and the this happens.

• What happened?

I was flying my (all standard) quad fw V 2.71 for a couple of days without problems. In my opinion that firmware version is not so smart as v 2.6, but probably good for flying around in simple mode.

Today after work i had an other flight.

Quad was flying stable in simple mode , so is swiched to ALT_HOLD... the quad wasn't really keeping the altitude...no problen, have fun and swiching back to simple mode. Then i was driving the quad around the field. Then i noticed that the quad seems to  loose orientation (yaw) when rolling hard left or right.

Flight ended with a crash. Two arms, props, motor mounts, landing gear, dome,... broken.
    The good thing is: just ordered some spare parts from Martin yesterday...

Any ideas what's wrong are welcome.

• Hello
    I have uploaded the firmware and my motors start doing what is seen on the youtube video, its starts and then 2 of them just stop after a while. I have calibrated the esc's over and over again but it still does this, is this a motor fault or software?

• I have had some good success with (fairly simple) missions recently, but had an odd altitude control issue on Sunday where the waypoint was for 20m, but it went up past 70m, and I know that I wasn't playing with the throttle. It then came straight down, but by that point I had started to cut the throttle. A screen dump from the log visualizer and the log file are attached.

Situation was as follows:

1. Downloaded route starting with takeoff, them a series of WP, first of which (WP2) had a 10m altitude, and WP3 (and following) had 20m.

2. Armed in stabilize mode

3. Set to auto

4. Moved throttle to mid position

5. Quad climbed, heading in the proper direction, but climbed steadily to 70m. 

6. I started to reduce the throttle (a bit late...)

7. It came down in a hurry, but don't know if that was because I had cut the throttle, or if the nav controller figured out it was too high.

Configuration:

1. Standard (small motor) 3DR quad

2. APM2 with ublox GPS

3. AC 2.7.2 from the repository

I appreciate that 2.7.1 is the released version, so 2.7.2 is at my risk, but would be interested in any ideas people may have. Was I wrong in setting  auto mode first then getting the mission running by moving the throttle up? Should I get into a stable hover first then switch to auto?

It came down in grass, so no damage apart from a few legs. Not bad from 70m - sure beats crashing my helis.

Thank you,

Andrew

ACClimb.png

2012-08-26 17-45 12.log

• Is there a standard test plan written down that gets executed for each release of the ArduCopter code?

• Hi guys, 

I just installed a new gimbal to my hex and it seems like the CAM_P and CAM_R_TRIMs do not work.

I have set it to a few different numbers and and do not find that the servos shift.

• One thing I have noticed sine I upgraded my mission planner today is the GPS is wandering ALL over the place in the planner!

can someone explain why this is doing this as it did not in the last ver with 6 sat's

3692495449?profile=original

• Hi Guys had the chance and weather today to do a wee test with my APM 2 running 2.7.1 default settings only thing changed is the throttle P for Alt hold, It still needs some work but all in all very good.

http://youtu.be/S0Jy6b2dpJY

• I have a problem with my APM 2.0 and my hexacopter. I am new to all this but have 1 year experience in flying Quads and Hexas with KK and Multiwii and Rabbit controllers.

So the problem: I just set up everything and started hovering around. Everything seems fine. So I went a bit higher, adjusted the P values a bit in the Missionplanner software.. All this in stabilize flight mode. Now suddenly my Hexa came at me with full speed so I let the controls go. Now I found out that the pitch gets reversed at certain angles to where I started... 

Anybody an idea what that could be...If I just  put it on the ground now in front of me, then forward and back is ok. If I move it to the side suddenly forward becomes backward and vice versa ....could be fatal....

please write if you have any idea. I had GPS and compass enabled and calibrated the compass...

This reply was deleted.

Activity