Developer

ArduCopter-3.2.1 Beta Testing

ArduCopter 3.2.1-rc2 (release candidate #2) has completed beta testing and has been released as the official version available through the mission planner and other ground stations.

Changes from AC3.2 are listed below and in the ReleaseNotes:
1) Enhancements:
    a) reduced twitch when passing Spline waypoints
    b) Faster disarm after landing in Auto, Land, RTL
    c) Pixhawk LED turns green before arming only after GPS HDOP falls below 2.3 (only in flight modes requiring GPS)
2) Safety Features:
    a) Add desired descent rate check to reduce chance of false-positive on landing check
    b) improved MPU6k health monitoring and re-configuration in case of in-flight failure
    c) Rally point distance check reduced to 300m (reduces chance of RTL to far away forgotten Rally point)
    d) auto-disarm if vehicle is landed for 15seconds even in Auto, Guided, RTL, Circle
    e) fence breach while vehicle is landed causes vehicle to disarm (previously did RTL)
3) Bug Fixes:
    a) Check flight mode even when arming from GCS (previously it was possible to arm in RTL mode if arming was initiated from GCS)
    b) Send vehicle target destination in RTL, Guided (allows GCS to show where vehicle is flying to in these modes)
    c) PosHold wind compensation fix
    d) prevent infinite loop with do-jump commands pointing at each other
    e) pixhawk memory corruption fix when connecting via USB
    f) vehicle stops at fence's alt limit in Loiter, AltHold, PosHold (as it did in AC3.1.5)
    g) protect against multiple arming messages from GCS causing gyro calibratoin failure

Thanks to Raph for the video.  This is actually a video from AC3.2 until we have one specific to AC3.2.1.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I disagree on this. O shit situations would better be handled as in 3D CP helis, with a throttle hold switch. I guess the ones to have use for this is FPV racers who could rest a finger on the switch like you do when you fly 3D.
        • +1!

I'm probably going to make an optional feature for this for 3.3.

It would be a Ch7/8 Function.  It would provide absolute control over the motors in all modes.  You could be in Auto, and if you flip the switch, it kills the motors.  Arducopter for Tradheli works this way already, and I've never had a problem.

I will probably make it so that if the motors are shut down, arming and disarming happens instantly.  And it will not be possible to disarm if the motors are running.  This way, you can do max rate descents with full left yaw if you want, with no problem.

Also, the copter will keep stabilizing, even if the throttle is all the way down.

• great!!!

• With a lot of todays radio's ch 6 can be configured on the TX to be on any number of switches not just the old potentiometer. Would make sense at some point to enable people to use ch 6 with options like we can with 7 and 8? If there was a switch to override everything and kill the motors it would be nice to have that all by it's lonesome plus basically free up a new channel for our use. I always felt like that was a wasted channel on my Futaba 7C

• perfect

• That sound great, one thing to consider is that on a traditional heli accidental switches of the throttle hold doesn't matter because it takes a while to loose control even if you are not used to autos. I suggest combining the two so that you flip the switch and then give left down.
            • Actually, I have found the opposite is true with modern ESC's running governor and soft-start.

I initially had heli set up like a multirotor, without the Ch8 kill-switch function.  The motor would shut on and off with the throttle just like a quad.  Twice I shut down the motor accidentally, then immediately raised it the throttle.  But due to the ESC soft start, it was unrecoverable and crashed both times.  I've done the same thing in a quad many times, and it's fine. (sporty quad)  The motors restart immediately.

The heli does benefit because it does not lose attitude control.  But it did crash straight down.

• Try the NAZA and then you tell me if you feel difference... with NAZA I feel in control, more reactive arm/disarm...

this should be the basics... Then..for specific style anybody should be able to set it up as they prefer...

• Haven't flown the NAZA. As long as there's a routine for avoiding disarming in the air when going through aggressive joystick movements I'm fine:-)
This reply was deleted.

Activity