Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If you want to refer to 3.2-rc1, the link I provided is the right one. The other more recent build weren't released as such and are "work in progress", not guaranted to work

• 3.2-rc2 is now strait from the beta download. Though don't know were "motor sync test" disappear?

Will test the rc2 shortly.

• Developer

Henri,

that's actually AC 3.1.5-rc2 in the beta firmwares area so it's quite a step back.  testing is appreciated but none of the AC3.2 features will be there.

• Hi Randy,

When will be AC3.2-rc2 available?

• Developer

Henri, Oliver,

It'll still be a couple of days I think.  There's a crash report on AC3.1.5-rc1 that Jonathan will be investigating and once we're sure it's unrelated to the release we can pull out AC3.1.5 and put back AC3.2-rc2.

• Thanks Randy, sorry to be a pest but it's really helpful to have some even rough timeline so as to be able to make plans for limited free time...

• I have been using 3.2-rc1 on my Pixhawk as it was supporting sbus. I have just tried to reflash it and the only beta firmware I can find is V3.1.5-rc2 which doesn't work with my Rx on Sbus. Where can I get the previous V3.2-rc1? Thanks.

• Is there any info when we can expect the 3.2 rc2 in MP?

• Thanks team,

My skills and knowledge in all things RC have improved out of sight over the past 2 years since discovering APM and this community.

Have donated some cash but wish I could contribute more!

Thank you.
  • I flew another two battery packs out on the APM 2.6 Quad today.

Did an Auto-tune first before flying the previous days waypoint mission again. Auto tune seems to proceed well, the final values changed a bit but handling afterwards was much like the result of the auto-tune done a few months ago (which was a good tune).

The waypoint mission flew OK but it still had some slight pitch bumps between waypoints, and the loiter circle seems to be way under size. 

A question. Where is there some notes on the flash logs PM parameters meaning ?

I noted that there are some 'hits' in INAVErr, NLon and NLoop log charts, particularly when in Auto waypoint mode, if they really mean what I'm guessing...

Martin

This reply was deleted.

Activity