Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I had a crash here while about 30 meters up. The quad tipped to the left while descending in alt-hold mode and could never fully recover.  I don't see a voltage problem, and the failsafe was triggered because I had turned the RX off earlier in the flight.  Can anyone take a look?  I don't have enough experience reading logs to see anything else.

3701843507?profile=original

1980-01-05 17-59-44.bin

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3701843437?profile=original
    • Developer

Josh,

Good to see you giving the Auto log analysis tool a try.

I had a look at the logs and it seems like the copter was switched to stabilize mode while the throttle was at zero which led to a loss of attitude control (stabilize mode doesn't do attitude control when the throttle is at zero as you probably know).  It was switched back to AltHold soon after that but perhaps it was too late by then, maybe some motors didn't start.

3702522713?profile=originalBy the way, it looks like it was in stabilize mode for only 0.7 seconds.  Maybe this was a radio glitch or user error?  To protect against radio glitches we reject any flight mode changes that last less than 0.2 so 0.7seconds gets through this.

• Randy,

Yes I was trying to descend and full throttle down in alt-hold when I accidently switched to stabilize mode however I went back to full throttle with what I thought was more than enough attitude to spare.  Unless an ESC failed, I think this was probably user error.  Thanks for taking a look!

• Pardon my intrusion but,  "Auto log Analysis tool"????? Is the specific too MP?? I use APM Planner aka Mac platform. 

• Richard, I think right now it's specific to MP.

• Developer

Richard,

Yes, basically we're trying to scale up a bit in our dataflash log analysis by building out an automatic analyser.  It's not perfect but it's getting better.

There's a small bit of documentation on how to trigger it from mission planner here.  I can't immediately find it in APPlanner2 so maybe you could add it to the AP2 issues list for BillB?  It can also be run by uploading to DroneShare.  I've never done that but I hear it works.

• Today I want trying Follow-me with my new Android Tablet. But it is not working.

Guided Mode with MP, Andropilot and Droidplanner is working. But in Androidpilot and Droidplanner the Follow-me mode is not working. The Copter just stay there. I also tried to go into Guided Mode before entering Follow-me.

https://plus.google.com/114733243442548664223/posts/87T9DsYdfJY here the Developer of Andropilot says, it  has something to do with rc10?

Why is it not working and what can I do to make it working?

• did u turn on GPS on your android phone.?

mine  qav400 quad, apm2.6, rc10,

yesterday i success try follow me mode.

circle,left,right,lead,leash setting alt etc..

at first, my quad not follow, just loiter,

actually i forgot to turn on GPS to my android phone.

without gps turning on, how copter want to follow.

maybe this can help.

• Thanks for the answer, with a GPS tool APP i realy confirmed that the infernal GPS works and hat a3D fix. 

So you was able to usw the followme mode? Which APP do you usw?

• i use droidplanner2. v2.7.8 support ac3.2rc10.

on my  galaxy tab2.

This reply was deleted.

Activity