Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Check your SR0, SR1 and SR2 parameters. They sometimes get messed up and receive 0 values at initialisation. Since I use minimosd I am familiar with changing them to suit miniosd needs, this is how I caught this.
      • Artem,

Do you have the parameter list for the SR0, SR1, SR2?  I can't find them documented anywhere... I guessed and set SR2 all the same as SR1, which makes the minimosd happy but have no idea what these parameters actually are...  appreciate any docs you can point me to.

Steve

• Minimosd wiki, same settings for all three. This is what makes both my minimosd and teensy happy.
  • Randy / Developers, Absolutely amazing piece of software. Love the new capabilities.

Despite excellent flying qualities, I noticed several odd things today. Keep in mind this is my first flight with anything newer than 3.1.5.

Flying 3.2 RC12 with HKPilot 2.7

Mission Planner 1.3.10 build 1.1.5369.11976

Quad/450

(I understand if i will not get a response for HK hardware, but i swear that i have several 3DR auto pilots, this just happened to be the copter i was willing to loose)

I was switching quite frequently between STABILIZE, ALT HOLD, & POSITION with frequent take offs and landings to do some fine tuning on the PID's. At some point it became impossible to switch to POSITION mode. It was first noticed on the RC transmitter and i confirmed that the PWM was in the proper range for chan 5 out. I noticed that on the mission planner when i went to the "Initial Set up" page / "Flight Modes" the Flight Mode #4 was completly blank. I confirmed that chan 5 is 1588 PWM and Flight Mode #4 is green. I reset Flight Mode #4 to POSITION, with no luck. I am also unable to select POSITION from the Flight Data / ACTIONS page. I have attempted multiple reboots of the autopilot and GSC and have not been able to set POSITION Mode since.

3701850816?profile=original

I also ran into this problem on the CLI page. This was problem was present before i had the POSITION problems and i do not think is related, However i am unable to get Chip Logs, but i do have tlogs if interested.

3701850938?profile=original

• i would like to confirm this. upgrading from RC7/RC10 to RC12 there was no POSHOLD, DROID PLANNER also does not acknowledge Position. Hopefully tis can be a quick fix on both ends

• I had the same problem today, I install the beta Mplanner and solve it

• I could be wrong, but updating mission planner "shouldn't" fix my situation. In my case the RC Transmitter is commanding the flight mode "POSITION" via CH 5 pwm, and the flight controller (HKPilot 2.7) is not responding to that command. The Mission Planner (or Droidplanner) is just the messenger, and it's just verifying that my mode change is being ignored. As a second try, i used a mavlink command (via Mission Planner /Actions) to change the flight controller its also being ignored. But all other flight modes change as expected. So i suspect this is a 3.2 RC 12 issue??

Ill try to reload the firmware and try to replicate what i did.

• From what i know there is no "Position" mode anymore, it was replaced by PosHold. Position mode will be ignored totally in 3.2!

If you are on RC12 then you MUST use the Beta Mission Planner by clicking update beta in the help tab of mission planner.

At the top of your window it should say "Mission Planner 1.3.10 Build 1.1.5397.23504" or later.

The build number is important since there are multiple 1.3.10 versions, older one not having PosHold.

This is a Mission Planner issue, not APM :)

• I upgraded Mission Planner, then relooked at the RC7 & 3.1.5 Quads, POSHOLD was returned. thanks for the help, i had previously used and seen POSHOLD in RC7 as well as RC 10, was suprised by it being missing on the RC7 FW. but its all good now

• Thanks Johnex, That cleared things up with the flight modes- Im back to POSHOLD and POSITION is no longer available.

I am still unable to download logs in the CLI with Mission Planner 1.3.10.4 build 1.1.5399.10754. Can anyone else confirm this?

This reply was deleted.

Activity