Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Randy,

now I tried it with a different Pixhawk, one original 3dr and one clone. It is the same behavior.

Since AC3.2 rc1 Spektrum and S-Bus is not working (ch1...4in=0). With the same setup it is working in AC3.1.5.

I think it is mandatory to fix It!

What can I try to figure out this issue?

• Randy,

I´m using the DSM-X Satellite.

Thanks for your Help

• I test today RC12. STABILIZE, AUTO (TAKEOFF, SPLINE and NORMAL WAYPOINTS, RTL), DRIFT, POSHOLD,  HEADFREE works without any problem. Arducopter 2.6.

• Flight with RC12 using Droidplanner 2 and no rc at all (of course has to be switched on) - works fine exept of the twitching when copter reaches a waypoint. Is there a way to avoid this?

Thank you for your great program - i never thought it would be so easy to inspect my fields from above.

2014-10-11 16-09-55.log

• Randy,

I loaded 3.1.5 on my APM1 quad and noticed that there are no sonar readings in the MP.  I checked it in CLI and I do get a reading there.  I have enabled the sonar and I've selected XL-EZ0 in the MP.  Any ideas perhaps? Thanks,

• Thanks Randy,

At least I know now that's its not a bug or something I did wrong...

• Developer

Andre,

Reporting of the sonar range to the ground station is new for AC3.2 so you wouldn't see it in AC3.1.5.  The only way to check (with AC3.1.5) is through the CLI.

• Hello Randy and all of the Dev-Team,

I like to thank you so much for your great work an all the time you spend. please keep going on:-)!

Today I had several tests with rc12 (before I had rc10). Since rc10 I use EKF enabled all the Time.

I flew in: Stabilize, AltHold, PosHold, RTL, Land, several Auto-missions with Spline and ROI, also follow-me with Droidplaner. Tested THR_FS and Batt_FS.

Erverything works realy very fine no Failure! Great!

Here is the LogAnalyser:

Log File C:/Users/Andre/AppData/Local/Temp/tmp8854.tmp.log
    Size (kb) 8369.29296875
    No of lines 108703
    Duration 0:27:21
    Vehicletype ArduCopter
    Firmware Version V3.2-rc12
    Firmware Hash 6537432b
    Hardware Type
    Free Mem 0
    Skipped Lines 0

Test: Autotune = UNKNOWN - No ATUN log data
    Test: Balance/Twist = GOOD -
    Test: Brownout = GOOD -
    Test: Compass = GOOD - No MAG data, unable to test mag_field interference <--- What does it mean?

Test: Dupe Log Data = GOOD -
    Test: Empty = GOOD -
    Test: Event/Failsafe = FAIL - ERRs found: FS_BATT FS_THR
    Test: GPS = GOOD -
    Test: IMU Mismatch = GOOD - (Mismatch: 0.56, WARN: 0.75, FAIL: 1.50)
    Test: Parameters = GOOD -
    Test: PM = WARN - 1 slow loop lines found, max 6.55% on line 740
    Test: Pitch/Roll = FAIL - Roll (120.44, line 32834) > maximum lean angle (45.00)
    Test: Thrust = GOOD -
    Test: VCC = GOOD -

for any interest, attached is the LOG:-)

Thanks 

André

2014-10-11 11-10-46.bin

• Hi, question about frsky telemetry in the 3.2 which file does one need to modify to change the values been transmitted? For example, I would like to transmit hdop as power and flight mode as t2. I currently use x8r with a teensy mode, however I plan on switching that particular copter to an openLRS setup which is capable of transmitting this older frsky telemetry down to my taranis. Please advise.
    • Artem

3.2 is now in final stages so I won't happen there as randy fix only critical bugs.

We are trying to work with opentx for a longer term solution.

I will try to deliver what you want before (adding hdop) before next release and releases should be shorter now.

Once 3.2 is out , I can compile you a version with it as well. Pm me

This reply was deleted.

Activity