Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello

STB_PIT, STB_RLL the values ​​are very high.
      adjust all values
      eliminate vibrations
      look here: http://youtu.be/TtwIei-9jU4?list=UUPcCCiqkWYZmvxVgHhDZDHAllo

• Rainer,

Thanks for the reply. I will readjust the values for STB_PIT and RLL; BTW, these numbers were derived from autotune and were initially even higher (closer to 10 if I recall correctly). Would such high values caused the problem that I described?

Jim
  • This may seem a bit off-topic but when evaluating performance it would be useful to have a time line available in the MP log graphs, in particular to find in the log a period of interest that can be seen in a video of the flight. The little minute flags at the tops of the graphs seem not to relate to much of anything except in a very general way. Can't a stopwatch (as it were) be picked off from something or another? Likewise, the tabs showing flight modes seem to start and stop at random, it's quite confusing trying to determine what's going on with those at a particular moment.

• Hello,

Just a report - loaded up rc12 on my pixhawk driven quad, tried EKF for the first time. Flew very well!

Stab/Loiter/RTL/ALthold all flew great. Here are 3 logs on rc12

Still haven't tried to take off in AltHold since the bug after rc5 (where the copter goes to full throttle). I know it's 'resolved' but.. well, you know. 

anyone try rc12 on a Y6? Very curious for those results..

Also loaded rc12 on 250 sized quad driven by an APM 2.6. Flew very well! 

Stab/Althold was all I could try due to low Sat count.

• I almost always take off in alt hold and have had no problems. Much better than  it used to be. I sometimes even fly in my basement and trying alt hold on take off could be a real hair raising experience. Now it just works perfect. I have been flying with EKF all the time as well. Seems very smooth. 

• I'm using rc12 and had a strange happening yesterday. I have the onboard video and also put up the DataFlash log on droneshare. I was in stable mode except for an RTL because of out of range and then I think it tried to do another RTL because of loss of signal but instead of climbing it lost altitude. I was too close to the ground to do much but I hurriedly switched to stable but then it was too late. Nothing damaged as it was close to the ground and my freshly cut horse grass dampened the impact :)

The only thing I can think of that might have caused it is my throttle was near minimum as I was in stable mode and descending fairly fast. When it switches to RTL, is the throttle completely ignored? I would think so but it seems because I was at about 15% throttle that it was working like PosHold. Doesn't make sense but I can't think of what else would have caused it.

Here is the droneshare DataFlash and also onboard video.

http://www.droneshare.com/mission/24010

The crash is at 7 minutes in the video. Very lucky landing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKYDznf4iBI&feature=youtube_gda...

This is one of 100s of flights without issue so I'm curious to know what caused it!

• Not related but I noticed from droneshare that one of my parameters was out of range.

MOT_TCRV_MAXPCT is set to 93. I've never modified this parameter but it says the range is 20-80.

Any problem? I'm using simonK firmware if that matters.

and EKF_CHECK_THRESH is set to 2 (I'm using APM 2.5) I know this is a pixhawk only feature so should this be set to 0 or is this ok? The notes don't give a lot of info about it.

• Had the same thing happen today. I started to think that it was a battery failsafe condition even though I had that disabled in rc10. I checked the parameters but it's disabled. Then I thought it could be GPS failsafe. I always had that set to LAND but never had it happen since my GPS is usually good. I'm going to upload the log of this flight also to droneshare. How can I see if this forced landing was caused by GPS? For now I've disabled that. Not necessary when doing FPV and pretty jarring when it happens. No matter what I did on the controls, it just kept landing and since I was going pretty fast, it didn't seem to be a smooth landing even though it did land right side up.

Also why do my data flash logs in APM Planner show up with a date of Dec 31 1969 21:00:00 ? Is there a way to set it to the current date time?

Here is the data flash log http://www.droneshare.com/mission/24117

• Hi there,

I have some interesting problem with pixhawk 3.2 rc12 firmware.
    Everythings is ok and rock solid hovering performance on stabilize mode flying
    Im changing mode to altitude hold. Everything is ok. Cool Alt Hold perfomance.
    But when I try to switch back to stabilize mode, things go wrong I loose the control and I crash :(
    so my problem is switching from altitude mode to stabilize mode.

• What're you have reserve you're throttle when are you change back to stabilize or not?
This reply was deleted.

Activity