Arducopter Frame X Mode, Mounting?

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem.. But How would you mount the APM on the Arducopter kit frame in X mode? I am having problems with the bars interfering with the pins, So i can't actually plug anything in.Can anyone please upload a picture of their Arducopter X Frame? So i can see how people have gotten around the problem?Thanks In advance

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Roy, I solved the problem the same way as Matt did, but without moving. Also sturdy enough.
    3692242549?profile=original

• Developer

Happy to let you know that there are another solution now too..

We created a new carrier board that works both ways and exposes all connectors better.

It is called as Carrier Type 2 and it is on stores now.

New carrier board looks like this:

3692242485?profile=original

And when you can mount it like this on your ArduCopters:

3692242431?profile=original

Between mounting screws and lowest pins there are still few millimeters space so you can easily hook up your cables on 3 row RC header

New carrier board can be found at least from jDrones as always.

ArduCopter Carrier plate, Type 2
    R/C UAV and ArduCopter manufacturer and one stop shop. We make your FPV come true.
  • Thankyou all for the replies! I see now how I might do it. Im guessing the trick is spacing!!

• 3692242316?profile=originalI just moved the rear standoff to one of the side holes.  Still pretty sturdy

• Distributor

you can also just not put the back screw (bar) at all... it wont really matter...

• Here is mine (custom frame). I just velcroed the APM into the center piece. If you want more close up pictures, let me know.

sam

3692241935?profile=original

3692242227?profile=original

• Here's mine.... I have it mounted just off to the side so the pins used fall to either side of the standoff. Make the perfect amount of space for the my receiver also.

2011-07-24_18-02-27_741.jpg
    From ArduCopter

• Anyone?

This reply was deleted.

Activity