I have a Hexa, APM 2.5 with PM

4S x 2 (5000 each)

Firmware V3.0.1-rc1

Yesterday I was flying mostly testing in Stabilize, Alt Hold and Loiter mode, Except for toilet bowling in Loiter all seemed ok.

After about 11 minutes I was flying very near as I was about 10m high and and about 30m away. I was in Stabilize when suddenly it felt that I have no control. At first I thought is RF signal, I quickly changed to Alt hold, Loiter, back to Stabiliza but it was already to late, and it just went straight into the trees behind me. Luckily only 2 props damaged.

I checked the log, and I realized that it somehow changed, while I was in Stabilize mode to LAND mode. I never setup land mode. From the log I had 10 Satellites, (Not sure if thats important anyway while in Stabilize mode).

Did someone experience this before? Can anyone shed some light on this, sudden LAND mode while in Stabilize?

I know that if there is no GPS lock and its more than 2 meters away from home it will trigger LAND mode, but in this case it seems different as I was in Stabilize mode.

Thanks  

Chris

2013-07-21.txt

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I had the same thing happen to me.  Is it now enabled by default in 3.0.1?

I went ahead and left it in, I just lowered it from 10V to 9.6V and also be sure to adjust your min throttle.  Mine was set to high by default and caused my quad to scoot across the ground after it "Landed" and crash twice before I figured out what was going on.

• Yes Euan, mine was also all RTL, no Land mode, and batteries were still very good. For now I will disable the battery FS.
    Maybe I should just remove the PM completely as well.
  • Mine does unrequested land events all the time, and completely randomly. At least once a pack. Sometimes it's during full sticks...another time I was drifting in the wind in al hoId. Switch to alt hold and back to stabilise and it flies ok.

I have never been able to identify why land events are called. It not configured in any failsafe (which are all RTL).

I suspect voltage drops to the APM, but have never been able to prove it.

• Did you have the battery failsafe, or geofence enabled?

This reply was deleted.

Activity