ardupilot antenna tracker WITHOUT PC???

First of all I know I can track using the mission planner and a computer... but in real life no one wants to carry around a computer.

I have been researching antenna trackers. I like the idea of sending the information back from the plane through the audio feed. I can not seem to find any system that is not independent from the ardupilot.

I know the ardupilot does a lot of calculations but surely it can be sent and decoded for use by an arduino. I know just enough to think its possible.

I've also read a lot of people who have asked for this but no one seems to ever say its impossible, if so please let me know so I can move on.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I did a new install on the RPI 

Same results ... still a fail ... i'm obviously missing something 

Will keep trying ... this cannot be that hard to get going ... 

I'll try and figure this tonight ... time for a braai and a couple of cold beers since its a public holiday in SA today

:D

• im assuming you never got it to work?

• First attempt failed after about a minute. 

I then changed a couple of things and recompiled. 

It then ran for the best part of 5 hours ... and failed again. 

A lot was done to the OS on the RPI previously which i think might have compromised the platform's functionality. 

I'm busy downloading the newest version of Raspbian and will be trying again as soon as it completed. 

I've read it has been done before but the guide i was following gave me some weird results. If I can get it to compile'n Ill try and package it as a .deb file which could perhaps be added to the download section. It takes time since i have not overclocked my RPI and it's not a very fast computer. 

Will keep you all posted. 

• If you have an old APM, you can reuse it as antenna tracker.

diydrones.com/forum/topics/figuring-out-the-antenna-tracker

• ive read that, but I do not.. I like the idea of having something small and self contained tho..

• I'm busy compiling APM Planner now. 

Since the RPI is not really known for it's white knuckle computing power, this might take a while. 

So far so good ...but I'll keep you posted. 

• seems you have gotten much further than me... if you do get it to work do you think you could step me through the process??

• The challenger, as expected is that the linux installation files are for the intel x86 and x64 architectures which does not work on ARM platforms. 

Busy testing a couple of options. Going to try a manual compile but first have to wait for updates. The RPI has not been updated in ages. 

I'll keep you  posted during the evening. 

• any luck getting this to compile correctly???

• https://github.com/KipK/Ghettostation/wiki

KipK/Ghettostation
    Multiprotocol antenna tracker and ground osd. Contribute to KipK/Ghettostation development by creating an account on GitHub.
This reply was deleted.

Activity