Ardupilot Antenna Tracking via Videolink?

Hi everybody,

I am wondering if there isnt a possibility to get an antennatracker running for the ardupilot without having xbees installed. Is there already a solution to include the data stream for the tracking information for the ardustation into a videolink? I would like to use the adm2 for fpv flying and would need "antenna woods" to get the system running. Something like eagletree tracking system does or ezosd ??

Would be very happy for some input :-)

Bye

Boris

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Boris,

I'd really love to hear if you were able to produce anything useful in the area of antenna tracking over video/audio?!

• Kind of the opposite to what you guys are talking but same idea.

I need long long range and the video/audio stream is the weak link(1280mhz). I am using a 3DR 433mhz for telemetry data and wondered if anyone had worked a way to get the gps data required by the AAT out of it  for the MFD?
    Thanks

• I would like to use an AAT antenna tracker which uses the GPS data and a single audio channel(e.g left) of the video feed via an audio modem, I also want to have the AMP telemetry which I would like to use via audio modem on the other (e.g. right) channel.

I want to do this for 3 reasons.

1. The AAT tracker has continuous rotation

2. I want to be able to log flight data

3. I do not want more than 2 antennas of frequencies on the tracking head.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

• Hey Samuel, is there any news regarding your project?

cheers Boris

• You can only fly as far as your video still works. In the distance antennas have a pretty big corridor where you can fly without adjusting them directly to the plane. So even if only one of the 25 video frames per second has valid data it should be enough. On the other hand...why should antenna tracker work with more range then the video itself? Doesnt make much sense. You dont fly more far away if you dont have video. So video telemetry should be enough in most cases.

• see below a test i was doing using ofpv which extract OCR the lat lon from video.

it push data to a comm port where you can use for tracking.

i use the HK GCS tracking to use the output of LAT/LON from OFPV and make traking with Polulu/Maestro work pretty OK.

http://vimeo.com/39309663

OFPV: psykokwak.com

• Hi,

i'm currently working on a project that includes telemetry over video. But we just started so there won't be anything in the next few weeks i can show you. You need to be patient a bit more, but there will be something till the end of summer i hope.

Cheers

This reply was deleted.

Activity