Arduplane - Consistent navigation errors - HELP!

Have a look at the pic below, a direct comparison of  mission plan vs flight path for a recent flight.

The plane is flying the mission well, but always 40m to the left of the line it should be following.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Firmware: Arduplane 2.74b, Mission Planner 1.2.62

Red line:Flight log downloaded from the Ardupilot at the end of the mission.

Blue line: Mission plan 

Yellow numbered boxes: Waypoints

WP: Radius = 10m, Altitude = 100m

Scale: Distance between waypoints = 40m, Track spacing 40m

Wind: Dead calm

3691046235?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have just repeated a similar mission setup in the simulator, and this was the result. Very tidy navigation without the steady offset you encountered. This was using "GridV2" in MP.

3692809958?profile=original

• Developer
    Have you tried tuning your navigation per your airframe see here http://plane.ardupilot.com/wiki/navigation-tuning/

Also you airframe looks unbalanced in that the APM can pull a tighter left hand bank, that right hand. Which makes this odd. Maybe try a loiter in clockwise and counter clockwise and see if they behave the same.
  • Hi Chris Austin -  it wasn't meant to be, it is unfortunate you read it that way, sorry.

Please could you post a tlog and/or log/plan/param file from one of your missions where it worked well for you. All I want to do is get to the bottom of this bizarre navigation error.

• Does anyone have anything to suggest. Has anyone flown a lawnmower pattern mission like the one above and had it close to anywhere near following the intended course?

Something we have considered is compass error. We have calibrated the compass, but notice a drift of up to +45 degrees when giving it full throttle on the ground. Airborne I doubt the error is that great as throttle rarely gets above 30-40% when cruising. I have ordered and external magnetometer and will check this out.

• I don't have the answer to this, but I'm curious what you rendered this with?

This reply was deleted.

Activity