ArduPlane won't arm engine

Hi all,

I am new to the ArduPlane. Until now I just had experience with the ArduCopter.

I got myself an Easystar 2, installed APM 1 with the current version 2.30 and configured it. That worked fine, even the stabilize mode & movements on the ground also works good. But I am unable to get the ESC initialized, so the motor won't power up.The APM has corretly being initialized and I connected it wirelessly. I can control my servos via my RC.

I have just one ESC which is directly connected to the APM. When I then additionally connect APM via USB then the ESC finishes the initialization procedure.

Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong here? Do I need an additional power source?

Thank you for a small hint,

Oliver

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yesterday I was out at the flying field. For me this problem sounds a little bit like a bug in the initialization procedure of the ESC.

When I first power the APM via USB and then connect the flight battery (which is powering the APM via the ESC of the motor) then everything works fine and the ESC initializes correctly. When I just connect the flight battery then I just can control the RC functions & can enable stable mode etc. but the ESC doesn't finish the initialization procedure. Though the motor won't start. 

I'd be really glad for a hint. I am using an APM 1.4 incl. GPS, airspeed sensor and compass

• 3D Robotics

Do you mean it won't initialize in Manual and Stabalize or won't initialize in the Auto modes (or both). As a safety measure, the motor will only spin in non-auto modes (Manual and Stabalize) on the ground. In manual mode, the autopilot isn't even controlling the ESC (it's a straight pass-through of your RC signal), so if your motor won't run in that mode, the issue is on your ESC/RC side. 

• hello mine will spin in manual or tabablize but not in auto modes... can you help me with this problem???

This reply was deleted.

Activity