Auto Waypoint Startup Altitude

Hi

I had an auto waypoint flight yesterday, mission was like this:

Go to point A, altitude 300

From A go to B, altitude 400

From B go to C, altitude 400

RTL

Land

When I switched to auto via my controller, at first quad started to do some yaws, like 3-4 times it went around itself (360 degree), then it moved toward point A.

I thought it will increase altitude at first or at least in middle of flight while moving to A, but it just started to move toward point A with EXACT altitude I was achived with Stabilize (which then I turned to Auto mode). Therefore it caused a crash to a tree in front of it and entire mission failed.

a) Why it had 3-4 times yaw around?

b) Why it doesnt increase altitude at first or during flight to mission point? Does ArduCopter achive altitude after reaching the defined point?

Thanks

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm having same problem, my problem is like this:

Copter doesn't increase altitude if I don't have delay to it. For example

via mission planner I set

#1 WayPoint 1 no delay, altitude is 100

#2 WayPoint 2 40sec delay, altitude 200

#3 WayPoint 3 no delay, altitude 300

#4 WayPoint 4 30 sec delay, altitude 400

#5 RTL

Goes to WP1, no ANY change to altitude from altitude I just switched from Stabilize to Auto. When I switch to auto in altitude X, it remains at X until it reaches WP 1, doesn't change again altitude, moves toward #2, no change in altitude, then as I have delay there, starts ascending, again without waiting proper seconds (40 sec) goes to WP3 altitude 200, reaches WP 3 no change to altitude, moves to WP4, reaches at 200 altitude, startes ascending for 30 sec, then RTL

Why such thing should happen? I tried like 6 times, different values, different locations, result is same. Any idea?

• Still having same issue...

• @Bill, Logs wasn't enabled, I was disabled it for testing and forgot to re-enable it.

@Saurabh,what's cause? what's reason for having such bad behaviour for some of us?

Any idea?

• I had a similar problem yest, though not exactly the same.
    In the auto mode I had programmed to auto takeoff to 10 mts.
    Then to go to waypoint A at 15 mts.
    Then goto waypoint B at 15 mts
    Then RTL.

My quad took off properly to 10 mts. It yawed to waypoint A and started its course.
    After reaching A, it did not stop... it kept flying in that direction. . And overshot point A. It must have flown about 400 mts ahead of WP A, when I switched off my tx and quad went into failsafe and returned to home. I was lucky I did not have a crash...

But I am really suprised at this behavior..
    http://same.In/
  • Can you post your logs?

This reply was deleted.

Activity