Battery Low Voltage Alarm.

I have this -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221759724058?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

- Plugged into the balance charger plug. When the alarm goes off i have like 20 seconds to get it back to me land or it will plummet from the sky into the ground. Is there anyway to change something where i can have the alarm sound sooner?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If you're using a pixhawk, why don't you just set failsafe to RTL for a certain battery voltage, then you don't have to worry about not hearing the buzzer, or even using this.

While I agree that everyone should configure their fail safes to work as designed, personally I would hope never to use them unintentionally. For me the purpose of the audible alarms these and other battery alarms provide, is to give the operator a chance to make a conscious decision to take some action before the fail safe kicks in.

Ideally you would set the audible alarm to trigger at a higher voltage than the fail safe. Thus avoiding the perhaps disastrous flight path your aircraft might take into the one obstacle in your area of operation that was just a bit taller than what you had set as your RTL altitude.

Regards,

Nathaniel ~KD2DEY

• On reverse you have the instructions

• I already have a piece of Velcro over it. But i couldn't read the small print anyhow.

It's really simple to adjust, simply plug in a battery then press the button repeatedly to cycle through the settings: OFF - 2.7v/cell through 3.8v/cell in 0.1v/cell increments.

This had me stumped at first too, the instructions were typical Chinglish!

As far as % goes I can't really say, 3.5v/cell is a good safe setting, personally I use 3.3v/cell on my Emax Pro 250. With a 2200mAh on board I can fly till the alarm goes off and I will have consumed between 1800mAh and 1900mAh.

Regards,

Nathaniel ~KD2DEY

• T3

Yes.  That little button between the speakers is used for adjusting the warning voltage.  3.5V is a good value to try out.

• What % of battery life would be left at 3.5v?

This reply was deleted.

Activity